No products were found matching your selection.
Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
Milk has always been designated as a complete food because of numerous qualities it possesses. But due to numerous reasons, people are now becoming doubtful about consuming milk. The major reason behind this is the hormones induced into the cows by means of injections or food, which are transferred to milk and later to individuals consuming it. Whey and casein, both proteins are obtained from milk. The milk that is derived from cows, fed exclusively on grass is known as grass-fed milk; and the whey that is derived from this milk is known as grass-fed whey.
Benefits of Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
The grass- fed whey or milk is far more superior in terms of nutrition. It possesses the following benefits:
- Provides a higher amount of vitamin E, CLA, beta carotene and iron than normal milk.
- Beneficial for preventing heart diseases.
- It is non- GMO, rBGH, and rBST free.
- Prevents various diseases such as PCOD, etc, caused by milk obtained from injected cows.
- Conventional milk is heated at very high temperatures to kill bacteria in it, grass-fed milk is pasteurized at low temperatures or are cold-pressed, which keeps the enzymes and taste intact. The same is the case with whey produced by this milk.
Grass-Fed Whey versus Regular Whey Proteins
- The amount of nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, CLA, alpha-tocopherol (an antioxidant) etc is higher in grass-fed whey protein than in regular whey supplements.
- Grass-fed whey possesses comparatively higher levels of PUFA and MUFA (unsaturated fatty acids), that helps in preventing heart diseases.
- The ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is lower in grass-fed whey in comparison to traditional whey powders, which is again good for the heart and overall health.
- Grass-fed milk, used for producing grass-fed whey is mostly obtained either by cold pressing technique or at low and permissible temperatures. This prevents denaturing or loss of nutrients in grass-fed whey, however for conventional whey high-temperature heating is required.
Types of Grass- fed Whey Protein Powder
Grass-fed whey can be of the following types:
- Raw grass- fed whey: It is the unprocessed raw product from which concentrate or isolate grass- fed whey is derived. It is a bit hard to digest.
- Regular or concentrate grass- fed whey: It is 100 % grass fed whey derived by mild processing through raw grass- fed whey. However, it contains some amount of carbohydrates and fats. It is not hard to digest.
- Isolate grass- fed whey: It is pure grass- fed whey isolated from raw or concentrate grass- fed whey. It requires lots of processing to produce grass- fed whey, but it is very suitable to digest. It hardly contains any carbohydrates or fats.
Usage, dosage and Precautions
- Grass-fed whey can be used the same way as conventional whey protein. The best way is to have it post workout in water. Dosage depends on individual needs, however, grass- fed way due to its numerous properties is a little more available to the body.
- Grass-fed whey from good brands are the safest way to consume whey protein, as they are free from most artificial and undesired ingredients. People having any medical history should consume them in consultation with their clinical expert.
Why Buy from Nutrabay?
Nutrabay is the only online supplement store in India that can truly guarantee authenticity.We are India’s most trusted online health supplement store. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as we source products either directly from brands or with their official importers. We guarantee hassle-free buying experience online, with secure online payment options and cash on delivery. Check out bodybuilding supplements to feel great every day and build a vigorous lean body.