What is Beta-Alanine?
Beta-Alanine is an amino acid that is produced in the liver. Our body utilizes it to synthesize carnosine in the presence of histidine.
Carnosine is stored in skeletal muscles and has been shown to enhance exercise capacity by reducing lactic acid accumulation and fatigue. Fish, meat, and poultry are a few Beta-Alanine foods.
Owing to the potential to improve muscular performance, Beta-Alanine has significantly gained popularity as a sports nutrition supplement. It is also one of the active ingredients of pre-workouts.
Beta-Alanine: Benefits & Uses
Let's get to know a few Beta-Alanine benefits.
- Reduce Exhaustion: Beta-Alanine may help boost stamina and endurance by reducing fatigue by neutralizing the lactic acid that accumulates in muscles during high-intensity exercises.
- Increase Athletic Performance: Beta-Alanine exerts an ergogenic effect and amplifies energy levels giving an extra boost to workout for a longer duration.
- Support Muscle Growth & Strength: Beta-Alanine may help maximize muscle gains and strength by allowing you to train intensely and for extended periods.
- Act as Antioxidant: Free radicals produced during intense activities may lead to muscle fatigue and exercise-induced muscle damage. Beta-Alanine helps form carnosine which is a powerful antioxidant. Carnosine has been shown to scavenge free radicals and reduce oxidative stress.
How does Beta-Alanine work?
Intense workout sessions result in the production of lactic acid in the body, which tends to accumulate in our muscles. Lactic acid can affect muscle contraction and makes us more fatigued. Beta-alanine works by enhancing muscle carnosine concentrations. Carnosine acts as a buffer against lactic acid and reduces muscle acidity during workouts. This minimizes overall fatigue and increases time to exhaustion.
How to choose the right Beta-Alanine for you?
Beta-Alanine supplements are available in powder, capsule, and tablet forms. One should opt for a certified and lab-tested Beta-Alanine supplement. It should be free from unwanted fillers, banned substances, and preservatives.
How to use Beta-Alanine?
One can take Beta-Alanine with water, juice, or a beverage of choice.
Where to buy Beta-Alanine?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best Beta-Alanine price to invest smartly in health supplements. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out bodybuilding supplements to feel great every day and build a perfectly healthy body.
Which is the best Beta-Alanine?
Nutrabay Pure Beta-Alanine is the most preferred supplement by bodybuilders and athletes. It is the best Beta-Alanine supplement in India as it is free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners, and preservatives. It is fast-absorbing and instantly mixes. Nutrabay Pure Beta-Alanine is a workout essential to improve endurance and stamina and delay fatigue.
Is Beta-Alanine safe to use?
Beta-Alanine is considered safe when taken in recommended dosages. Paraesthesia, or the tingling sensation in the neck, face, and back of the hands is beta-alanine's most widely known side effect that can occur during high doses. However, there is no evidence concluding that this tingling is harmful. High doses of Beta-Alanine can also decrease taurine levels in the body.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best time to take Beta-Alanine?
Usually, active people prefer taking Beta-Alanine 30-45 minutes before workouts. However, one can take it at any time of the day.
2. What is the ideal Beta-Alanine dosage?
Research studies suggest that Beta-Alanine requires a loading dose of 4-6 grams daily in divided doses of 2 grams or less for a minimum of two to four weeks to increase muscle carnosine levels.