Pre-Workout Sport Supplement
Pre-workouts are supplements that comprise of various ingredients such as caffeine, creatine, arginine, beta-alanine, nitric oxide, minerals, vitamins, etc. helpful in boosting energy levels for a workout.
A recent study demonstrated that consuming a pre-workout supplement containing caffeine, creatine, B-vitamins, arginine and beta-alanine delays fatigue and improves endurance and reaction time. However, Pre-workout supplements are associated with boosting energy levels for a workout along with various other benefits.
Benefits of Pre workout supplements
Adding a pre-workout supplement to one’s fitness program makes remarkable improvements, enlisted below:
- Improves muscle endurance.
- Extremely beneficial for athletes as it increases workout performance.
- Contain various ingredients that increase metabolism, such as caffeine, etc.
- Promotes the synthesis of muscle proteins.
- Improves the intensity of exercise.
- Supports resistance training.
Points to Know
There are a few important points related to pre-workouts that one should know before opting for it:
- It is very essential to drink lots of water or fluids every day while being on a pre-workout supplement.
- Excessive intake of pre-workout (more than the requirement)due to self-meditation may lead to discomfort and increased heart rate due to unutilized energy in the body, so it is better advised not to self- supplement.
- Females can also have pre- workouts, provided that they don’t have any hormonal or metabolic disorder; they should choose the pre- workout with a careful monitoring of its ingredients and the amount in which they are present in the supplement.
Who should use Pre-workout supplements?
Pre- workouts are very beneficial for raising strength for exercise, however, it is not necessary for everybody to take them. It is mostly recommended for:
- Individuals doing excessive workouts and falling short of energy during a workout (provided that the lack of strength is not associated with inadequate sleep, inappropriate diet, exercise or overall lifestyle).
People focusing on weight loss should avoid pre-workouts containing creatine, rather pure caffeine-based pre-workouts are recommended for them.
Usage and Dosage of Pre workout supplements
Pre- workouts can be consumed in water as well as fruit juices, just before exercise. It is very essential to choose the right pre- workout containing suitable ingredients as per discrete targets, in order to achieve the maximum benefits through it. The dosage differs from person to person, brand to brand, based on its constituents. Hence, it is suggested to have pre- workouts as per individual recommendation by gym diet experts.
Precautions/ Side effects of Pre workout supplements
Pre- workouts are mostly safe for consumption, make sure that you opt for an authentic brand. Although, people with any medical ailment especially neurological disorders such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, etc; or metabolic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc should completely avoid self supplementing pre-workouts. For them, the best practice is to consult their health care provider prior to pre-workout consumption.
Also, people intolerant to any of the numerous ingredients present in pre- workouts should be a little cautious with its consumption.
Pre- workouts are associated with benefits as well as a few drawbacks assosiated with excessive dosage. Hence make sure that you opt for the correct pre-workout, in the right dosage and only when required. If it is not a mandate to have pre-workout, you can have foods serving the same functions prior to workout, such as seasonal fruits followed by a cup of coffee, etc.
Why Buy from Nutrabay?
We are India’s most trusted online health supplement store. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as we source products either directly from brands or with their official importers. We guarantee hassle-free buying experience online, with secure online payment options and cash on delivery. Check out body-building supplements to feel great every day and build a vigorous lean body.
Best- selling options for Pre workout Supplements
MusclePharm Assault Pre- Workout: It is one of the best pre- workouts available in terms of improving endurance. It consists of a performance ingredient called “Carnosyn” and is tested for “no banned substance” added. It also contains 1.5 grams of creatine monohydrate per serving, caffeine, various vitamins, Taurine, L- Glycine, Acetyl L- Carnitine, etc, which further increases the efficiency of the supplement.
Cellucor C4 Original Pre- Workout: It is also amongst the best pre- workouts available in the market. It consists of beta alanine, 1 gram of creatine nitrate per serving, arginine alpha ketoglutarate, caffeine etc. It also contains some vitamins and minerals.
Muscletech Essential Series Platinum 100% Caffeine: It is a caffeine- based pre- workout which consists of 220 mg caffeine anhydrous per serving i.e. one tablet. It is suitable for individuals seeking weight loss as it significantly raises the body’s metabolism.