What is Fish Oil?
Manufacturers extract fish oil from oily fishes like salmon, sardine, tuna, mackerel, and krill. What makes fish oil favourable is the presence of omega-3 fatty acids. Fish oil contains omega-3 fats in the form of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). These are good polyunsaturated fats packed with numerous health-boosting properties.
Omega-3 fats are essential fatty acids that our body can not produce. Hence, including a fish oil capsule in a daily diet is a superb way to fulfil the need and enjoy its health benefits.
Fish Oil: Benefits & Uses
Here are some of the perks of consuming a fish oil capsule.
- Heart Health: Good fats present in fish oil helps manage blood cholesterol and blood pressure levels. High levels of cholesterol may block the blood flow leading to heart attacks. Routine intake of fish oil helps reduce LDL (harmful) cholesterol levels, thereby reducing cardiovascular disease risk.
- Fight Inflammation: EPA and DHA present in fish oil are pro-anti-inflammatory. They are good for reducing joint pain and stiffness, hence suitable for athletes, gym-goers, bodybuilders, endurance athletes and people who have arthritis.
- Reduces Muscle Soreness: Studies have shown that EPA and DHA are also effective in reducing exercise-induced muscle soreness and accelerate the recovery process.
- Boost Cognitive Health: Fish oil benefits for our brain health are quite evident because doctors advise pregnant women to include fish in their diet for the growing foetus. The reason being DHA is very crucial for our brain health and cognitive functioning. Certain health drinks for kids are also fortified with DHA considering its importance. Go for a fish oil supplement to improve your memory, concentration and overall cognitive health.
- Powerful Antioxidant: EPA and DHA possess potent antioxidant properties; they reduce oxidative stress and protect our cells from the mutilating effects of free radicals.
- Vision Health: DHA present in fish oil is also required to keep our vision healthy. Regular intake of fish oil capsules protect the retina and minimize eye-related conditions like glaucoma, dry eyes, age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Healthy Skin: Omega-3 fish oil nourishes our skin, keeps it moist, soft, hydrated, and prevents acne.
- Stronger Immune Health: Omega-3 fish oil fats strengthen the function of our immune cells and protect against various diseases.
- Weight Loss: Include a fish oil supplement in the diet if struggling to get rid of unwanted fat in the body. Fish oil prevents the accumulation of fat, hence reduces the likelihood of obesity and diabetes.
- Sleep Quality: Regular intake of omega-3 fish oil capsules might also help in improving sleep quality as studies revealed that people with low DHA levels usually have lower melatonin (sleep hormone) levels.
Fish Oil Types:
Fish oil is available in both natural and processed forms. Processed fish oils come with the additional benefit of better absorption and increased fatty acid concentration.
- Natural Fish Oil: Fatty fishes like salmon, sardine, and codfish are natural fish oil sources. Besides providing fish oil in a triglyceride form, natural fish oil capsules or oils may also contain nutrients like vitamin A and D.
- Processed Fish Oil: Mostly available in capsules, this form provides fish oil in ethyl-ester or triglyceride form. Processed fish oils contain no heavy metals and might come with higher strength of EPA and DHA.
- Omega 3 Capsule: This form is the most popular and preferred form by consumers. Omega-3 capsules or soft gels are generally enteric coated for enhanced absorption to avoid fishy aftertaste or burps.
How to choose the right Fish Oil for you?
Before buying any fish oil supplement, it is advisable to check the active ingredients, source of fish used and pack information. For general well-being, fish oils with 1000 mg omega-3 content per serving are well-suited. Active people and athletes can opt for fish oil tablets with a higher strength to satisfy the increased needs. The product should be GMP certified, free from heavy metals like mercury, cadmium, arsenic and lead. In case of any doubt, it is advisable to seek advice from a doctor or an expert.
One can buy a certified brand from an authorized seller like Nutrabay to avail discounts on the fish oil price.
How to use fish Oil?
Fish oil can be taken at any time during the day, preferably with meals. To avoid fishy burps or aftertaste, buy fish oil capsules or soft gels that are enteric-coated. A person can swallow fish oil capsules with water.
Where to buy Fish Oil?
Nutrabay is India's most trusted online health supplement store that offers the best fish oil capsules price. We procure the products directly from brands or official importers. So for a hassle-free buying experience and secure online payment options, visit Nutrabay.com to get the finest in terms of quality and price.
Which is the Best Fish Oil?
Nutrabay is the most selling and most preferred brand for fish oil supplements. Nutrabay understands that athletes' nutrition needs are different from those willing to consume fish oil for general well-being. Therefore, as per body needs and physical activity level, one can choose from the fish oil supplements mentioned below.
- Nutrabay Pro Fish Oil Omega 3 (Triple Strength) - 1000mg: It is the best fish oil supplement for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. An intense workout means stressed joints and sore muscles. It is enriched with triple-strength EPA and DHA to combat everyday fatigue effectively, facilitate lean mass gain and minimize injury risk during heavy workouts.
- Nutrabay Wellness Fish Oil Omega 3 - 1000 mg: They are the best fish oil capsules in India for overall health and general well-being as it contains an excellent strength of omega-3. Anyone can consume it to support weight loss, boost heart, joint, muscle and immune health.
Is fish oil safe to consume?
Fish oil does not have any side effects and is safe to consume by all, including children and the elderly. However, the dosage might vary depending on the requirement.
Pregnant, lactating women and people with prevailing medical conditions should always seek advice from a doctor.
Fish oil might interfere with certain medications like blood-thinners, anti-coagulants, and blood pressure medications. In addition, they might worsen symptoms among people with severe acid reflux issues. People who are allergic to fish should be cautious.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I take fish oil supplements daily?
It is entirely safe to consume a fish oil supplement daily to maintain an ideal ratio of omega-3:6 in the body. However, one should consult an expert to determine a safe limit.
2. Can fish oil supplements lead to weight gain?
Omega-3 fats in fish oil help eliminate bad fat and maintain a healthy weight. However, it is not advisable to take fish oil in excess because it is an oil source with calories.
3. What are the common signs of omega-3 deficiency?
Skin dryness, dry eyes, joint pain, hair loss, fatigue, excessive ear wax, trouble in sleep, depression, mood fluctuations and poor concentration are some of the common symptoms of omega-3 deficiency.
4. How many fish oil capsules can I consume per day?
Currently, there are no recommended allowances for fish oil, but numerous studies have to determine a safe dosage due to the potential health benefits.
- For general well-being, 1000 mg omega-3 fats per day with EPA and DHA in the ratio of 3:2 is beneficial.
- For people with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), 3000 mg omega-3 fats per day effectively reduce inflammation.
- For athletes and active people, 1500-2000 mg omega-3 fats per day reduce soreness, strengthen joints and reduce the risk of injury. Pro athletes can also opt for triple strength fish oil capsules.
- For kids, 500 mg omega-3 fats per day are sufficient to meet their developmental needs.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their gynaecologists to establish a suitable dosage.
A maximum intake of 5000 mg omega-3 fats per day might cause no harmful consequences.
5. Is it necessary to take fish oil supplements?
Our body essentially requires Omega-3 fatty acids. Plant-based foods like walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds and edamame also contain omega-3 fats in the form of Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). Our body converts ALA into the EPA or DHA for its utilization, but the conversion rate is less (approx. 15%). Due to this, vegetarians often lack omega-3 in their diet. Omega-3 fish oil provides an extra edge over plant-based sources, as the bioavailability is high.
Moreover, eating fish in a diet daily might be difficult. Therefore, fish oil supplement is a must-buy for all to prevent any nutritional inadequacy and keep our organs like the brain, heart, eyes and skin healthy.