What are Mass & Weight Gainers?
Every individual has their own fitness goal. Some may wish to lose weight, while some aspire to gain. Weight gain might be challenging, specifically for hard-gainers and ectomorphs. If you struggle to gain weight, build mass, and bulk up, include a mass gainer in the diet.
Gainers are nutritional supplements formulated to aid in mass gain and weight gain. Gaining weight does not mean simply loading up calories. There has to be an adequate balance of all the nutrients. Food experts consider the same while formulating gainer supplements to provide a healthy weight gain. A gainer typically provides 700-1000 calories per serving and a protein: carbohydrate ratio between 1:3 and 1:5 and sometimes added fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Mass and weight gainers mostly come in powder forms that can be mixed with a liquid such as milk or water to create a shake. Some mass gainers may also be available in bars or ready-to-drink formulations.
People with high metabolic rates should follow a simple formula: consume a calorie-rich diet to gain weight. The requirement may vary, usually 2500+ calories a day. Intake of high calories with a balanced proportion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats daily might be effortful; that's where gainers help. Regular consumption of gainer with an adequate diet helps build muscle, gain mass, and achieve your desired physique.
Mass & Weight Gainers: Benefits & Uses
Mass & Weight Gainers are beneficial for healthy mass and weight gain. They are a convenient way of increasing overall calorie intake and gaining bulk and strength.
- Rich in calories: The calorie needs may go more than 2500 per day if the health goal is to bulk up. It might be challenging to meet such high needs only through diet as it requires consuming large portions of food in every meal. Gainers are a healthy way to deliver approx. 700-1000 calories in a single-serve hence conducive to achieving health goals.
- Nutrient-Dense: Gainers are enriched with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boost health naturally. A good quality gainer like Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer will always provide healthy carbs, protein, and fats sources, and not sugar or any harmful ingredients to deliver calories.
- Excellent for Recovery: Research-backed studies suggest a post-workout meal should have a carb+protein combination for complete recovery. Gainers are perfect and well-suited as a post-workout meal. Proteins present in them support fast muscle recovery, while carbohydrates aid in replenishing lost glycogen stores. The increased muscle mass can lead to improved physical strength and performance, particularly for athletes and bodybuilders.
- Support Digestion: People prone to frequent indigestion issues should opt for a gainer enriched with digestive enzymes. The presence of enzymes supports better digestion and absorption. Better absorption means increased nutrient supply to the muscle cells resulting in enhanced muscle gains and mass.
- Versatile to consume: Gainers are very easy to include in the diet. They can be taken in the morning as a breakfast beverage or in-between meals as a healthy snack. Gainers are the ultimate pre or post-workout drink, provide ample energy, and facilitate muscle recovery and growth.
Types of Gainers:
There are two types of Gainers: Mass Gainers and Weight Gainers. People often use them interchangeably, yet there is a noticeable difference between them. Both are widely available in powder forms in various flavours to enjoy. A clear understanding of both might help make a wise selection to satisfy nutritional needs.
- Mass Gainer: They should be preferred when the fitness goal is to gain muscle mass. Mass gainers are calorie-dense and contain high carbohydrate content compared to protein and fat. A typical mass gainer composition consists of approx. 60-65% carbs, 30-35% proteins, and 4-5% fats. Also, they may contain added digestive enzyme blends, vitamins, and minerals. Mass gainers are perfect for clean bulking without extra fat in the body when accompanied by a proper workout.
- Weight Gainer: Ideal for people intending to gain weight. Carbohydrates and calories are higher in weight gainers than in mass gainers, and the protein content is less. The best weight gainer will usually have a nutrient distribution of approx. 75-85% carbs, 15-20% proteins, and 4-5% fats. Weight gainer shakes are generally opted by hard gainers having light exercise schedules.
How to choose the right mass & weight gainer for you?
Choosing the right gainer might be confusing at times. Here are a few quick checks that may help determine the right product.
- If the fitness goal is to gain weight, go for a weight gainer, but if one desires to gain muscle mass, choose a mass gainer.
- Identify daily protein, carbohydrate, and fat requirements, and choose a gainer that fits perfectly in fulfilling the same in a planned diet.
- It is better to have a gainer with protein complex from sources like whey and casein. A combination of sustained and fast-release proteins ensures the supply of nutrients for a prolonged period and supports muscle growth.
- A gainer should contain no added sugar and be free from all prohibited or banned substances.
- Check the ingredients list for any allergens, such as dairy, soy, or gluten, if you are allergic to any of these.
- Mass and weight gainers can vary widely in price. Determine how much you are willing to spend and compare prices of gainers that satisfy the criteria.
How to use Mass & Weight Gainers?
- Mass gain and weight gain powders are available in various compositions and lip-smacking flavours. If someone has busy mornings and tends to skip breakfast, gainers can act as a perfect breakfast beverage with water or milk.
- Instead of bingeing on an unhealthy snack, one can take gainer as a healthy evening bite. One can experiment with shakes or smoothies using a gainer by mixing them with fruits, nuts, and nut butter to enjoy a healthy dose of nutrition.
- One can consume mass and weight gainers immediately after a workout when needing additional calories and protein.
- It is important to note that weight and mass gainers are most effective when combined with regular exercises, such as weightlifting or resistance training, to help build muscle mass.
Where to buy Mass & Weight Gainers?
Want premium quality mass gainers and weight gainers? You will find them all on Nutrabay. All the products listed are certified and procured directly from the brand or official importers. Therefore, one can be assured of no fake supplements as products undergo strict quality checks. Check out Nutrabay.com for authentic and lab-tested gainers and the best mass gainer prices.
Which is the best mass & weight gainer?
Here are the two best mass gainers to consider.
1. Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer: One of the top gainers one can choose. It is the best mass gainer in India, with energy-giving complex carbs, multi-source proteins, and good fats from MCTs. Pair Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer with a well-balanced diet and exercise to achieve your dream physique.
One serving of Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer provides 711 calories, more than 40 g proteins, and 123 g carbohydrates (1:3 ratio), all of which help gain muscle mass and weight quickly. It is an absolute muscle gainer in delicious flavors and is free from steroids, added sugars, or banned substances. It is lab-tested and contains imported whey and good-quality ingredients that help the body maximize physique gains.
2. Nutrabay Gold Mighty Mass Gainer: This high-calorie formula is explicitly crafted for hard gainers and people with a very active metabolism. It contains digestive enzymes for better nutrient utilization and vitamins and minerals to fill nutritional gaps and maximize muscle gains. One serving of Nutrabay Gold Mighty Mass Gainer provides 395 calories, 15 g of proteins, and 82 g of carbohydrates (1:5 ratio). The product comes in delicious flavours without added sugar, banned substances, or harmful additives.
Are Mass & Weight Gainers safe to consume?
Gainers are entirely safe to consume by men and women.
- It is pivotal to check the ingredients properly before choosing one. Always buy from certified sellers to ensure you get genuine value for the money spent.
- Gainers may cause some indigestion issues like bloating, constipation, and nausea. Make sure to consume them as per recommended dosage and not in excess.
- Prefer using gainers with an exercise routine is better to avoid gaining excess fat.
- It is essential to carefully read the ingredients list and check for any potential allergens or ingredients you may be intolerant to.
- Pregnant or lactating women and people with medical conditions should avoid using mass and weight gainers without medical supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do I need to increase my water intake while taking mass and weight gainers?
Optimal hydration is necessary even when an individual is off supplements. However, it is advisable to increase water intake while consuming mass gainer powder as they are protein-rich. High-protein diets can lead to dehydration and accumulation of nitrogenous waste if one does not drink enough water.
2. Can mass and weight gainers be consumed without exercise?
Combining it with a proper diet and exercise regime is always advisable to reap maximum benefits from a gainer. A person might gain weight, but it might be challenging to keep track of muscle or fat gain.
3. Who can use mass and weight gainers?
Anyone can opt for gainers based on the body's needs and fitness goals.
- Endurance Athletes: Athletes like runners, cyclists, and triathletes can consume gainers post their sport session for complete recovery. The presence of carbohydrates and proteins provides the dual benefit of muscle recovery with glycogen re-load.
- Strength Athletes: Bodybuilders, powerlifters, or weightlifters can consume mass gainers to add bulk and gain muscle mass, and load carbs.
- Hard-Gainers: People with high metabolic rates can choose gainers to increase overall caloric intake and gain weight healthily.
4. Is it necessary to take mass or weight gainers?
The selection of any gainer depends on eating patterns and desired health goals. Due to a hectic lifestyle, limited food choices, and demanding work schedules, meeting everyday nutrition needs is a big task. Gainers can help provide a healthy dose of nutrition in addition to a regular diet. The mass gainer is superb if a person wishes to gain muscle mass and not excess fat.
5. For how long can I consume a mass and weight gainer?
Anyone can take gainers for an unlimited period till one attains the desired fitness goal. However, it is appropriate to keep track of the progress.
6. How many times a day can I take a weight or mass gainer?
It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions and not exceed the recommended daily dose. Generally, one can take gainers 1-2 times per day, either between meals or after a workout.
7. Can gainers be taken with other supplements?
One can take mass gainers with other supplements such as creatine, protein powders, and pre-workout supplements.
8. Can I use weight or mass gainers if I have lactose intolerance?
Some mass gainers use whey protein which contains lactose, so individuals with lactose intolerance should opt for plant-based mass gainers or mass gainers made with casein protein.