What is Mass Gainer?
Follow a disciplined workout schedule and diet to bulk and look muscular but still unable to achieve the target? Insufficient calories intake might be a reason for not attaining desired muscle volume and strength. It is the right time to introduce a mass gainer in the diet.
Mass gainers are nutritional supplements that contain a healthy blend of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to provide calories. Unlike typical protein supplements, mass gainers are high in carbohydrates along with proteins. They are a suitable and healthy way to proffer an extra dose of nutrition that might be challenging to consume only through diet.
Every individual has specific nutrition needs depending upon the body type. For example, ectomorphs with a high metabolic rate have to create a calorie surplus in their diet if they aim to bulk and gain weight. Including a mass gainer in their diet might provide faster results. Increased supply of nutrients to the muscles via mass gainer supports rapid muscle gain and strength.
Mass Gainer: Benefits & Uses
Mass gainers are popular among bodybuilders and athletes to gain bulk and muscles, owing to their high carbohydrate and protein content. They are perfect for post-workout muscle recovery. The blend of carbs and proteins support complete muscle recovery by repairing damaged muscles and restocking lost glycogen stores.
Below mentioned are some of the ultimate benefits that one can avail using a mass gainer.
- Abundant in calories: Mass gainers are superb to increase daily calorie intake. Usually, mass gainers provide 500-900 calories per serve with protein and carbohydrates in the ratio of 1:3 or 1:4. A typical mass gainer composition may provide approx. 60-65% carbs, 30-35% proteins and 4-5% fats. Hence, mass gainers can help meet daily calorie needs without a lot of effort.
- Blend of Nutrients: Mass gainers provide calories via nutrients like carbs, proteins and fats for a healthy weight gain. Bulking up does not mean bingeing on unhealthy calories. For a clean bulk and muscle gain, the calorie intake must come through healthy sources like a lean mass gainer. For example, Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer provides an ideal blend of necessary nutrients without prohibited or harmful substances.
- Ideal post-workout meal: Scientific-backed studies claim that combining carbs with proteins is accurate for muscles to recover after an intense workout session. Mass gainers are an absolute way to deliver a healthy dose of carbs to revive energy levels and requisite amino acids to promote anabolism and repair damage.
- Promote bulking: Mass gainers can help speed up bulk and gain muscle mass. During bulking, a person may require more than 2500 calories every day. Intake of such high calories through diet means eating huge portions of food after every 2 hours. It may be challenging to achieve, especially with a hectic lifestyle and demanding work hours. Mass gainer, along with a regular diet, means just one or two serves per day, and you are good to go. They are convenient, super-healthy and designed to support a healthy weight gain and bulking.
- Rich in dietary fibre: Mass gainers are rich in dietary fibre; they promote healthy digestion. However, a person with weak gut health might experience indigestion issues at times. Therefore, a mass gainer enriched with a digestive enzyme blend is advisable for such people.
- Convenient to use: With such a demanding and hectic lifestyle, everyone prefers things that comes with convenience. Mass gainers are easy to include in the regular diet. They are versatile to consume and fits perfectly in everyone's habits.
Difference between Mass Gainer and Weight Gainer
There are two types of Gainers: Mass Gainer and Weight Gainer. People often use them interchangeably, yet there is a noticeable difference between the two. Both are widely available in powder forms in a variety of flavours to enjoy. Having a clear understanding of both might help in making a wise selection to satisfy nutritional needs.
- Mass Gainer: They should be preferred when the fitness goal is to gain muscle mass. Mass gainers are calorie-dense and contain high carbohydrate content as compared to protein and fat. A typical mass gainer composition consists of approx. 60-65% carbs, 30-35% proteins and 4-5% fats. Also, they may contain added digestive enzyme blends, vitamins and minerals. Mass gainers are perfect for clean bulking without extra fat in the body when accompanied by a proper workout.
- Weight Gainer: Ideal for people intending to gain weight. Carbohydrates and calories are high in weight gainer compared to mass gainer, besides the protein content are less. Best weight gainer will usually have a nutrient distribution of approx. 75-85% carbs, 15-20% proteins and 4-5% fats. Weight gainer shakes are generally opted by hard gainers having light exercise schedules.
How to choose the right mass gainer for you?
The selection of a mass gainer should entirely depend upon daily nutrition and calorie requirement. Anyone aiming to build muscle mass and bulk can take mass gainer. However, it is essential to check the calorie, carb, protein and fat content per serve. A mass gainer should have a high carb and protein content. Fat content must be less as it might result in fat gain instead of muscle. Carbohydrates should come from complex sources instead of simple sugars. It is better to have a blend of multiple protein sources for a sustained supply of amino acids. People with weak gut and prone to indigestion should choose a muscle mass gainer enriched with digestive enzymes.
It is advisable to choose a certified and lab-tested mass gainer, free from prohibited or banned substances. People allergic to soy and gluten should carefully read the ingredient list and allergen info. Always purchase from a trusted seller like Nutrabay.
Still, if it is challenging to decide the best option for you, consult an expert or a healthcare professional for better understanding.
How to consume mass gainers?
Anyone can take mass gainer with water, milk or add them in shakes, smoothies, pancakes or dishes of choice.
Athletes and bodybuilders that aim to bulk and build muscle mass should preferably take gainers post-workout. An ectomorph struggling to put on weight can take at any time as a mid-day snack, breakfast or bedtime shake.
One can refer to the pack of the product for better clarity.
Where to buy mass gainers?
Nutrabay offers you 100% authentic mass gainer supplements sourced directly from brands or official importers, assuring authenticity and a seamless customer buying experience. Check out Nutrabay.com to avail best mass gainer price at crazy deals, combos and offers on other sports nutrition and wellness products as well.
Which is the best mass gainer?
Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer is the best mass gainer in India, preferred by fitness enthusiasts, athletes and professional bodybuilders. It is a delicious and healthy way to provide 700 calories, 40 grams of protein and 123 grams of carbohydrate per serve. Its unique blend of complex carbs, multi-source proteins and good quality MCT fats assist in gaining bulk and building muscle. The product is free from added sugar, gluten, trans fats, banned substances, and formulated in compliance with FSSAI guidelines. All Nutrabay products including Gold Mega Mass Gainer undergo strict quality checks before it reaches the doorstep of any consumer.
Anyone can enjoy Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer with water, skimmed milk or beverage of choice.
Is mass gainer safe to consume?
Mass gainers are safe to consume, provided they are free from any harmful substance or added sugar. One should always opt for a good-quality certified gainer from a trusted source like Nutrabay.
It is advisable to have a regular workout schedule while taking mass gainer powder to build lean muscles mass and gain weight. People with severe indigestion issues, liver and kidney disorders should always consult a doctor before choosing any gainer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much weight can I gain using a mass gainer?
Diet, workout and body type are some of the factors that affect weight gain. Calorie consumption must exceed calorie expenditure to gain weight. One can expect to gain 3-4 kgs per month using a gainer, but the efficacy and results might vary from person to person.
2. Can pregnant and lactating women consume gainers?
It is not advisable for pregnant, lactating women or people with medical conditions to consume mass gainers without consulting a doctor.
3. Are mass gainers safe for diabetic people?
Mass gainers are high in carbohydrates that may cause a spike in blood sugar levels among diabetic people. Therefore, a diabetic person should opt for a gainer only after seeking medical advice from a doctor.
4. Are mass gainers safe to consume without a gym?
One can take a mass gainer supplement without exercise for gaining weight. However, it is better to pair it with regular exercise to get muscle mass and not fat due to excess calorie accumulation.
5. Which is better: Protein or mass gainer?
One should select the supplement based on fitness goals as both are equally useful. Mass gainers are suitable for a person aiming to bulk and gaining muscle mass. Protein supplements are rich in protein but not in carbohydrates; hence they support lean muscle growth.