What is Brahmi?
Brahmi, also known as Bacopa monnieri, is a medicinal herb used widely in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to alleviate stress and anxiety and boost memory.
The Brahmi plant has tiny oval leaves and bears white flowers. It is packed with various beneficial plant-based compounds and phytonutrients, due to which Brahmi works as an adaptogen.
Brahmi: Benefits & Uses
Here are a few widely known health benefits of Brahmi.
- Rich in antioxidants: Brahmi contain potent antioxidants that help fight free radicals and protect our organs. Bacosides is Brahmi's main active component, which has been shown to minimize oxidative stress and prevent cell damage.
- Neuroprotective: Brahmi is considered a promising treatment for epilepsy due to its neuroprotective effects. Oral intake of Brahmi may help reduce the chances of neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- Anti-inflammatory: Brahmi helps reduce inflammation by suppressing inflammatory cytokine levels, relieving pain and swelling.
- Boost cognitive health: Brahmi may help enhance brain functioning and boost memory and learning power.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Most people take Brahmi for this reason. Oral supplementation with Brahmi has been shown to reduce stress hormone - cortisol levels, relieving stress and anxiety.
- Support liver health: Studies have observed that Brahmi may protect the liver from toxins and improve its functioning.
- Strengthen immunity: Brahmi possesses anti-microbial properties and protects us from bacterial infections.
- Treat gastrointestinal disorders: Studies have shown that oral intake of Brahmi juice may help improve the symptoms of stomach ulcers by strengthening mucosal barriers.
How does Brahmi work?
Brahmi contains several health-boosting plant compounds and phytochemicals like bacosides, flavonoids, saponins, glycosides, alkaloids, etc. These active components possess antioxidant, anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties and account for the significant health benefits of Brahmi.
How to choose the right Brahmi for you?
Here are a few points to consider while buying a Brahmi supplement.
- Brahmi supplements are available in various forms, like powder, juice, capsules, tablets, and syrup. Choose the one as per your preference and ease of intake.
- Check the ingredient list. The product may contain other health-boosting herb extracts, vitamins or minerals but ensure that there should not be unwanted additives or fillers.
- Check the strength and dosage, as it may vary from brand to brand.
- The product should be lab-tested, certified and FSSAI-approved.
How to use Brahmi?
- One can use Brahmi tablets or capsules directly with water or any beverage, as mentioned in the pack.
- Brahmi powder can be added to shakes, smoothies, or yogurt for an additional dose of health.
- Brahmi syrup, tea or tinctures can be taken as per the usage instructions stated by the brand.
Where to buy Brahmi?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best Brahmi powder and tablets. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best Brahmi price to feel great every day and build a perfectly healthy body.
Is Brahmi safe to use?
Brahmi is generally considered safe to use when taken as per the recommendations. However, people on medications and pregnant and lactating women must consult their doctor before taking Brahmi products. People allergic to Brahmi may experience allergic reactions like skin itching etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Brahmi scientific name?
Scientifically, Brahmi is known as Bacopa monnieri.
2. Are there any Brahmi side effects?
Brahmi is usually considered safe to consume. However, some people may experience mild side effects like upset stomach, nausea, fatigue or dry mouth.
3. How long does Brahmi take to work?
The time for the Brahmi to work depends on the reason for which it is used. Some people may notice immediate effects, or it may take a few weeks to months to see the improvement.
4. What is the best time to take Brahmi?
One can take Brahmi anytime, preferably in the morning, with breakfast. People taking Brahmi for sleep may take it at bedtime.
5. What is the ideal dose of Brahmi?
The dosage of Brahmi may vary depending on the reason for which it is used. Studies suggest that it may range between 300-450 mg daily.
6. Can I apply Brahmi oil directly on the scalp?
One can apply Brahmi oil directly on the scalp or mix it with any other oil. Brahmi has been shown to promote hair growth and nourish them.