What is Citrulline Malate?
Citrulline Malate is an amino acid touted for its potential to enhance stamina and boost exercise performance by exerting its ergogenic effect. Citrulline Malate consists of two components - citrulline and malate.
Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid naturally found in foods like watermelon, cucumber, and pumpkin. Our body also synthesizes it in the liver and intestines.
Malate is an organic salt. It is also known as malic acid and is naturally present in many fruits. Combined with citrulline, it acts as a potent ergogenic aid to high-intensity and resistance exercise performance. Due to this reason, citrulline malate is a popular dietary supplement among bodybuilders and fitness lovers. It is also a common ingredient in pre-workout supplements.
Citrulline Malate: Benefits & Uses
Here are some of the benefits of citrulline malate.
1. Improve Endurance: Citrulline malate supplement may enhance exercise endurance and reduce fatigue. Studies have found that taking citrulline malate can increase oxidative ATP production during exercise, promoting increased aerobic energy.
2. Build Stamina: Citrulline malate increases the nitric oxide activity in the body, which increases the blood flow and supply of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. Due to this reason, citrulline malate acts as an effective pre-workout supplement to boost stamina and muscle pump for those strenuous workout sessions.
3. Support Muscle Recovery: It can also support muscle recovery by minimizing fatigue, increasing nutrient delivery to the muscles, and assisting in removing waste products.
4. Promote healthy blood pressure levels: Citrulline malate influences nitric oxide production in the body, which acts as a vasodilator. It expands the blood vessels and improves blood circulation without increasing blood pressure. Hence, citrulline malate may help people with hypertension keep their blood pressure levels in control.
5. Facilitate Muscle Protein Synthesis: Citrulline malate may maximize muscle gain and strength. Citrulline malate supplements raise the levels of citrulline, arginine, and ornithine amino acids that are necessary for new muscle growth.
How does Citrulline Malate work?
Citrulline malate acts by boosting nitric oxide production through a rise in plasma L-arginine levels. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that causes blood vessels to widen, increasing blood flow and circulation, resulting in better muscle repair, faster recovery, and an improved supply of nutrients to muscles in need.
How to choose the right Citrulline Malate for you?
Citrulline malate supplements are available in powder, capsule, and tablet forms. It can also be a part of a pre-workout supplement.
While opting for a citrulline malate supplement, always prefer the ones with a citrulline: malate ratio of 2:1. The supplement should be lab-tested, FSSAI approved, and free from banned substances, unwanted additives, and preservatives.
How to use Citrulline Malate?
One can take citrulline malate with water or juice. The dosage might vary depending on the exercise intensity. It is advisable to check the pack for recommended usage instructions.
Where to buy Citrulline Malate?
Nutrabay is home to some of the best-reputed citrulline supplement brands to get the best price. When you buy from Nutrabay, you always get genuine products at the best prices.
Which is the best Citrulline Malate?
If you are looking for a premium-quality citrulline supplement, try Nutrabay Pure Citrulline Malate. The supplement provides pure and unflavoured citrulline malate in an ideal 2:1 ratio. It is free from artificial additives, colours, and preservatives and is the best citrulline malate in India.
Is Citrulline Malate safe to use?
There are no reported citrulline malate side effects. However, oral supplementation can sometimes cause nausea, diarrhoea, or indigestion. People taking blood pressure medications should not take citrulline supplements without a doctor's consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best time to take citrulline supplements?
It has been observed that the intake of citrulline malate on an empty stomach is the best for optimal absorption. However, one can also take 20-30 minutes before going for the workout.
2. What is the ideal citrulline malate dosage?
The dosage of citrulline malate might vary from brand to brand and the reason for which it is used. Beginners can take 2.5-3 grams of citrulline malate and gradually increase the dosage based on workout intensity. It is advisable to consult a doctor for the apt dosage for hypertension.
3. Can I take citrulline malate with pre-workout?
One can take citrulline malate with pre-workout if it is not a part of the pre-workout supplement. It is good to consult an expert to determine the dosage.