What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo Biloba trees are one of the oldest tree species in the world. Ginkgo Biloba, also known as maidenhair, is a traditional Chinese herb. Due to its potent therapeutic properties, Ginkgo Biloba supplements are popularly used to treat specific brain and memory-related disorders and improve cardiovascular and eye health.
The high levels of flavonoids and terpenoids, antioxidants in Ginkgo protect against oxidative cell damage from harmful free radicals.
Ginkgo Biloba: Benefits & Uses
Let us discuss the health claims of Ginkgo Biloba.
- Strong antioxidant: Ginkgo contains high levels of flavonoids and terpenoids, accounting for its potent antioxidant effects. Antioxidants counteract the adverse effects of free radicals protecting our healthy cells.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Dietary supplements of Ginkgo Biloba extract might prove beneficial for people with joint pain, stiffness, and arthritis due to its powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Some typical conditions in which Ginkgo extract has been shown to decrease inflammation include cancer, heart disease, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Improve brain health: Ginkgo biloba supplements are widely used to improve brain functioning. Studies have linked the intake of Ginkgo biloba with enhanced focus, attention span, reduced risk of cognitive decline, and associated disorders like Alzheimer's disease.
- Suppress stress and anxiety: Studies have shown that Ginkgo biloba leaves extract can reduce stress and anxiety levels. A study was conducted to examine the same, in which Ginkgo Biloba standardized extract, EGb761, was given to 107 patients with anxiety disorder. Researchers found significant improvement in this group's symptoms of anxiety and stress compared with the placebo.
- Improve blood circulation: Ginkgo Biloba acts as a vasodilator by increasing nitric oxide levels and improving blood flow to various body parts. This attribute may benefit people suffering from high blood pressure and active people seeking to gain stamina.
- Support eye health: Some case reports have observed that Ginkgo Biloba may also reduce the progression of age-related macular degeneration and improve vision health.
How to choose the right Ginkgo Biloba for you?
Ginkgo Biloba is commonly available in capsules, tablets, and liquid extract forms. When opting for any supplement, the first and foremost thing is to read the ingredient list and composition. Ginkgo Biloba extracts standardized to 24% glycosides and 6% terpene lactones are considered highly bioavailable.
The next thing is to check the dosage that may vary from brand to brand depending upon the strength per serve. Buy a certified and lab-tested product from a trustable source like Nutrabay. It should be non-GMO and must be free from harmful fillers.
People with an allergy must carefully read the warnings on the label for any allergens. People with medical conditions like bleeding disorders, diabetes, or seizures must never take Ginkgo Biloba without medical advice.
How to use Ginkgo Biloba?
One can take Ginkgo Biloba tablets or capsules with water or a beverage of choice at any time, preferably with meals. Avoid taking it with any medicines.
Where to buy Ginkgo Biloba?
You can visit Nutrabay to avail the best Ginkgo Biloba in India. Nutrabay provides you with the best prices and deals on all brands, making it one of the most affordable options for purchasing supplements. You can be assured of 100% genuine products and the best Ginkgo Biloba tablets price with Nutrabay, as each one is sourced from the brand directly.
Is Ginkgo Biloba safe to use?
Ginkgo Biloba has been shown safe and well-tolerated during clinical trials. However, it is better to consult your doctor before starting with the supplement.
Ginkgo tends to interact unfavourably with certain medications like blood thinners and anti-depressants. Some possible side effects of Ginkgo Biloba include:
- Allergic skin reactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best time to take Ginkgo Biloba?
One can take Ginkgo Biloba in the morning or night, preferably with meals.
2. What is the ideal Ginkgo Biloba dosage?
Although there is no recommended dosage per the health authorities, studies suggest that 120-240 mg of Ginkgo Biloba is associated with health benefits. Most research has not assessed doses greater than 600 mg per day, so it is not a good idea to exceed this amount.