What is Ginseng?
Ginseng, often referred to as the 'King of Herbs,' is one of the most precious herbs in traditional Chinese medicine. This medicinal herb has been shown to deliver promising results in promoting immune function, brain health, stress relief, and antioxidant action.
There are many different species of Ginseng, like Panax Ginseng, also known as Korean Ginseng, American Ginseng, and Japanese Ginseng.
The primary benefiting compounds present in Ginseng are ginsenosides (ginseng saponins) and gintonin. Other valuable components of Ginseng include essential oils, antioxidants, peptides, amino acids, vitamins, and polysaccharides. Due to its tremendous health benefits, Ginseng is now available as a dietary supplement in the form of powder or pill.
Ginseng: Benefits & Uses
Ginseng has been shown to have various physiological effects on multiple systems, including cardiovascular, immune, and neural. It is also used to enhance sex performance and treat sexual dysfunction.
- Strengthen immune function: Studies have shown that Ginseng supports our immune system by suppressing inflammation with its powerful anti-inflammatory action.
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory: Ginseng and ginsenosides compounds possess potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation significantly and fight oxidative stress.
- Boost brain health: Ginseng may also benefit our brain health by influencing mood, behaviour, and memory. Studies revealed that regular Ginseng intake is associated with reduced everyday fatigue and improved mental performance.
- Improve blood sugar levels: If your blood sugar levels remain high, you may consider including Ginseng in your regimen. Ginseng may help lower blood sugar levels, improve insulin secretion, and increase sensitivity. However, consult your physician before starting the product if you are already on medications.
- Boost energy levels: Ginseng has been shown to promote energy levels and fight fatigue. It might be beneficial specifically for people with an active lifestyle to combat physical and mental fatigue and lethargy by giving them an energy boost.
How to choose the right Ginseng for you?
Ginseng extract is widely available in capsules, tablets, and powder forms.
While opting for Ginseng capsules, it is necessary to check the ingredient list and dosage. Beyond the dosage of the active ingredient, one must take care of contaminants within products. The product should be certified, lab-tested, and free from harmful substances.
If you plan to take ginseng tablets for any medical condition, it is advisable to seek medical advice first.
How to use Ginseng?
Ginseng root can be eaten raw; however, it is better to steam it to soften the root lightly. One can also stew it in water to make Ginseng tea. Some people also prefer adding Ginseng to soups, stir-fry, etc.
If you prefer taking Ginseng capsules or tablets, you can simply swallow them with water or a beverage of your choice.
Where to buy Ginseng?
You can buy Ginseng online at Nutrabay to avail the best prices and deals. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic, with a guaranteed hassle-free buying online experience, secure online payment options, and cash on delivery.
Which is the best Ginseng?
Nutrabay Wellness Korean Ginseng is the best Ginseng supplement in India. It provides 400 mg of pure Korean Ginseng or Panax Ginseng extract per serving in vegan-friendly capsules. Just one capsule a day is suitable for anyone to fuel energy, increase stamina and improve overall vitality.
Is Ginseng safe to use?
Ginseng is safe to consume by anyone when taken in recommended dosages. Large doses of Ginseng can cause some side effects like headaches, sleep disturbances, diarrhoea, skin rashes, rapid heartbeat, and digestive issues.
People on medications or with any medical condition like diabetes must consult a doctor before using Ginseng as it may interfere with the medicines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the correct dosage of Ginseng?
The dosage may differ depending upon the condition for which you want to take Ginseng; however, 200-400 mg of Ginseng extract or 1-2 grams of raw Ginseng is considered safe to enjoy the health benefits.
2. What is the difference between Red Ginseng and White Ginseng?
Both forms differ in their method of production. Ginseng is naturally white in colour. But when it is steamed, the Ginseng root becomes red.
3. How much time does Ginseng take to show the effects?
It is advisable to take Ginseng for at least 30 days in the prescribed dosage to feel the effects.