What is L Tyrosine?
Tyrosine is a conditionally or semi-essential amino acid that our body produces from another amino acid - phenylalanine. Tyrosine is crucial for our health as it plays an integral role in synthesizing thyroid hormones, substances like melanin and adrenaline, and certain neurotransmitters like epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Dairy products, meat, eggs, fish, beans, soybean, pumpkin seeds, oats, wheat, and nuts are a few tyrosine-rich foods.
Consuming Tyrosine through diet is reasonably possible; however, the need for supplementation arises sometimes. Tyrosine is a popular dietary supplement among bodybuilders and athletes as it has been shown to improve exercise performance. In clinical usage, Tyrosine amino acid is most commonly used to treat an inherited disorder called Phenylketonuria (PKU).
L Tyrosine: Benefits & Uses
Let's discuss some science-backed benefits of taking tyrosine supplements.
1. May Improve Athletic Performance: Tyrosine levels in the body can deplete during stressful conditions. Supplementing with Tyrosine has been shown to increase neurotransmitters dopamine, adrenaline, and norepinephrine levels which may help relieve stress, and enhance focus, alertness, and focus.
2. May Minimize Depression Risk: Tyrosine supplementation may help people with depression by elevating the release of neurotransmitters that act as anti-depressants.
3. May Help During Phenylketonuria (PKU): Phenylketonuria is a genetic condition in which the body is unable to convert phenylalanine into Tyrosine due to the deficiency of an enzyme - enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase. Tyrosine supplementation and avoiding phenylalanine-rich foods can help effectively manage this medical condition.
4. Support Metabolism: We need Tyrosine for synthesizing thyroid hormones - triiodothyronine and thyroxine. These hormones primarily regulate our metabolic processes. Better the production of thyroid hormone better would be the metabolism.
How does L Tyrosine work?
Our body utilizes tyrosine amino acid to synthesize chemical messengers and neurotransmitters that help regulate mood.
How to choose the right L Tyrosine for you?
L Tyrosine supplements are available in various forms, like capsules, tablets, and powders. It is also a dominant ingredient in pre-workout supplements. While opting for L Tyrosine, one must check the ingredient list carefully. It is advisable to check the dosage and avoid exceeding it. The product must be certified, lab-tested, and free from prohibited substances.
How to use L Tyrosine?
Experts advise taking tyrosine supplements at least 30 minutes before meals, divided into three daily doses. Taking it with folate, copper, and vitamin B6 may enhance tyrosine absorption.
Tyrosine capsules or pills can be swallowed with water or juice.
Where to buy L Tyrosine?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best L Tyrosine and invests smartly in health supplements. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out bodybuilding supplements to feel great every day and build a perfectly healthy body.
Is L Tyrosine safe to use?
Consumption of any supplement without medical supervision is not advised. One must avoid self-supplementation to prevent overdosage.
People taking thyroid and blood pressure medications and anti-depressants must avoid taking L Tyrosine supplements without a doctor's consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the recommended dosage of L Tyrosine?
The dosage of L Tyrosine may vary depending upon the reason for which it is used. It may range between 500-2000 mg daily for active people and athletes.
2. Are there any side effects of L Tyrosine?
Overuse of Tyrosine might cause health issues like palpitations, gastrointestinal distress, headache, restlessness, and insomnia.