What are protein cookies and brownies?
Protein cookies and brownies can be called healthier alternatives to regular cookies as they are made using protein powder like whey, casein, or soy protein. These baked products usually combine healthy ingredients without refined flour and added sugar.
Protein cookies and brownies are superb for people who aim to achieve a specific fitness goal but struggle greatly with their sweet cravings. Unlike standard cookies and brownies, they usually contain added nutrients.
Benefits: Protein cookies and brownies
Here are some potential health benefits of protein cookies and brownies.
- Protein-rich: Protein cookies and brownies usually contain protein powder as their primary ingredient. They have a high protein content and are suitable to meet daily protein needs.
- Support muscle building: High protein cookies and brownies enriched with good quality protein sources like whey and casein protein can support muscle-building goals by providing necessary amino acids and keeping the body in an anabolic state.
- Support weight management: Protein-rich cookies and brownies not only help curb sugar cravings healthily but also their high protein and dietary fibre content provide fullness for a longer time preventing unwanted calorie load.
- Better energy levels: Protein cookies and brownies are guilt-free options to boost your energy levels. They usually contain a mix of healthy grains, protein powders, and healthful sugar substitutes that keep our energy levels up during workouts and support recovery.
- On-the-go snack: Protein biscuits, cookies or brownies are easy to carry, store, and consume. They are perfect on-the-go snacks, especially for people with hectic lifestyles.
Protein cookies and brownies: Types
Protein cookies and brownies come in various flavours, each having unique composition. Let's review some of these.
- Chocolate chip protein cookies and brownies: They typically contain whey protein powder, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and almond flour with healthy sweeteners like honey, dates or stevia.
- Peanut butter protein cookies and brownies: These are commonly made using peanut butter, protein powders and sweeteners. Peanut butter provides additional nutrients to these cookies and brownies, like healthy fats, niacin, antioxidants, and dietary fibre.
- Gluten-free protein cookies and brownies: These are beneficial for people allergic or intolerant to gluten. They do not contain any gluten-containing ingredients and are made using millet, protein powders, coconut, sweeteners, nuts, and seeds.
- Keto protein cookies and brownies: They are beneficial for people on low-carb or keto diets. Keto protein cookies and brownies are low in carbs but high in good-quality protein and healthy fat sources.
How to choose the right protein cookies and brownies?
Here are a few tips for selecting the right protein cookies, brownies, or biscuits.
- Read the ingredient list carefully. The protein should be from healthy sources like whey, casein, or any vegan source. Carbohydrates should come from complex sources and not refined flour.
- Check the protein content. Protein cookies or brownies should provide at least 10-15 grams of protein per serving.
- The product should be low in calories and free from added sugar and unwanted additives.
- Protein cookies and biscuits may vary in taste and texture depending on the ingredients used. One can select based on liking and preference.
- People allergic or sensitive to any food should read the allergen info or warning before finalizing the product.
How to use protein cookies and brownies?
One can enjoy protein cookies or brownies as a mid-meal snack, pre or post-workout snack, on-the-go breakfast or snack if you are in a hurry and there is no time to cook. They can also be topped on fruit yogurt, smoothies or oatmeal bowls to add a dash of taste and nutrition.
Where to buy protein cookies and brownies?
Nutrabay is the most trusted online health food and sports supplement store that offers the best protein cookies in India. We procure the products directly from brands or official importers. So for a hassle-free buying experience and secure online payment options, visit Nutrabay.com for the finest quality and price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are protein brownies good for you?
High protein cookies and brownies made with healthy food sources like whey protein, casein protein, plant protein, oats, millets, coconut or almond flour, peanut, nuts, and seeds can be regarded as a healthier substitute for regular biscuits and cookies. They should not contain added sugar and harmful additives.
2. Can I take protein brownies or cookies for weight loss?
One can take them during weight loss, provided they are low in sugar and calorie but high in protein and dietary fibre.
3. Can I replace my meal with protein brownies or cookies?
It is not advisable to replace an entire meal with them as protein brownies or cookies do not contain a balanced combination of all essential vitamins, minerals and macronutrients.