What is resveratrol?
Resveratrol is a plant-based compound found naturally in many foods. It is a polyphenol known to possess antioxidant, anti-tumour, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic activity.
Red grapes, peanuts, berries, red wine, and soy are some resveratrol foods. Due to its protective qualities, the use of resveratrol supplements has seen a surge in recent years.
Resveratrol: Benefits & Uses
Let's review some of the claimed health benefits of resveratrol.
- Potent antioxidant: Resveratrol possess powerful antioxidant properties. It helps reduce oxidative stress and protect healthy cells against UV rays-induced cell death.
- Anti-inflammatory: Studies suggest that people suffering from joint pain or arthritis may benefit from resveratrol supplements. It may help ease pain, swelling and redness through its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Healthy blood pressure levels: Resveratrol supplement may emerge as a promising treatment for high blood pressure due to its antioxidant properties.
- Healthy cholesterol levels: Resveratrol may exert a cardioprotective effect by reducing harmful cholesterol levels, inflammation and oxidative stress. In addition, studies have shown that resveratrol promotes healthy blood vessels and prevents their hardening, thereby reducing heart disease risk.
- Healthy blood glucose levels: may help people with diabetes by reducing inflammation and improving insulin sensitivity.
- Protect the brain: Resveratrol protect brain cells from free radicals and inflammation. It keeps brain cells healthy and may prevent age-related cognitive decline.
- Anti-cancer: Resveratrol may inhibit cancer cells from growing and prevent the occurrence of cancer of the breast, colon, prostate, and skin.
How does resveratrol work?
Resveratrol is known to possess strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which majorly account for its health benefits. Resveratrol can minimize the risk of certain chronic diseases by neutralizing free radicals and inhibiting various enzymes involved in inflammation. It can also activate enzymes involved in cellular functioning, like metabolism and ageing.
How to choose the right resveratrol for you?
Here are a few points to consider for choosing a resveratrol supplement.
- Check the form of resveratrol in the supplements, as they are available in various forms and compositions. Trans-resveratrol form is considered the best, as per some studies.
- Opting for a supplement containing resveratrol derived from a natural source is better.
- The supplement may contain some additional ingredients. It is better to check that there should be no unwanted fillers or additives.
- Check the recommended dosage and strength per serving.
- Select a certified and FSSAI-approved supplement from a reliable source.
How to use resveratrol?
One can use resveratrol supplements as per the recommended usage instructions mentioned on the pack. It is advisable to stay within the prescribed limit.
Where to buy resveratrol?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best resveratrol supplement for men and women. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best resveratrol supplements price to feel great every day and build a perfectly healthy body.
Is resveratrol safe to use?
Resveratrol supplements are generally considered safe to use. However, one must avoid consuming high doses to avoid any potential side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are there any resveratrol side effects?
Resveratrol does not cause any side effects in small doses. However, one may experience symptoms like diarrhoea, nausea, and vomiting on consuming resveratrol in high doses.
2. What is recommended resveratrol dosage?
There is recommended dosage by ICMR. Studies suggest that the dose may vary from 150 mg to 5 grams per day depending on the reason for which it is used.
3. Can I use resveratrol for skin?
One may use resveratrol supplements to improve skin health. Resveratrol serums and creams are also available in the market for topical use.