What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is one of the most admired Ayurvedic medicines. It is a sticky, gooey blackish-brown substance that oozes out of the rocks. Shilajit is primarily found in the Himalayas and is known as a rejuvenator in ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
Shilajit is known to contain various minerals, health-boosting compounds, and antioxidants. It is water-soluble and well-absorbed by the body.
Shilajit: Benefits & Uses
Here are a few health benefits of Shilajit.
- Boost energy levels: Shilajit is known to increase energy production, which helps boost overall stamina. It also benefits active people involved in strenuous workouts and endurance sports.
- Antioxidant: Shilajit possesses potent anti-ageing properties because of the presence of fulvic acid and selenium with high antioxidant content. It protects our healthy cells from free radicals and oxidative damage.
- Alleviate anaemia: Shilajit contains high iron levels that may help treat iron deficiency anaemia and boost haemoglobin levels.
- Support brain functions: Regular intake of Shilajit may help minimize the risk of age-related neurological decline and disorders like Alzheimer's and enhance memory.
- Strengthen immunity: Shilajit supports our immune system with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and naturally improves disease-fighting ability.
- Boost testosterone levels: Studies have shown that Shilajit can help boost testosterone levels significantly in males.
How does Shilajit work?
Shilajit possesses various powerful properties like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, cognitive enhancer, adaptogen, anti-anxiety, immunomodulator and many more. It contains an active ingredient - fulvic acid with humins, humic acid, and minerals like iron, copper, magnesium, and zinc that accounts for its health benefits.
How to choose the Shilajit work?
Here are a few tips for identifying the best Shilajit brand in India.
- Shilajit is widely available in resin, capsules and tablet form. It is advisable to choose Shilajit, naturally sourced from the Himalayas.
- Raw or unprocessed Shilajit may be contaminated or high in heavy metals. Therefore, opting for a certified product to ensure effectiveness and safety is better.
- Check the label, packaging and quality assurance labels to avoid buying counterfeit products.
How to take Shilajit?
One can consume Shilajit by mixing it with water, warm milk, green tea or coffee. A good quality Shilajit will not leave any residue behind.
Where to buy Shilajit?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the original Shilajit capsule and tablets. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best Shilajit price and great deals.
Is Shilajit safe to use?
Studies support that Shilajit is one of the safest dietary supplements. However, unprocessed or raw Shilajit might contain high content of heavy metals like lead, mercury, arsenic, fungus or contaminants. Therefore, it is advisable to opt for certified and lab-tested pure Shilajit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to identify the original Shilajit?
Pure Shilajit is semi-solid and make change shape depending on the temperature. It gets completely dissolved in liquid and leaves no residue or sediments. If the substance does not dissolve well, it may indicate impurities or adulteration. One can also try dissolving Shilajiti in alcohol to identify the purity as it is not soluble in alcohol.
2. What are some Shilajit benefits for males?
Men can take Shilajit to boost their stamina, testosterone, energy levels, and cognitive health.
3. Are there any Shilajit side effects?
Shilajit is generally considered safe to use. However, some might experience mild side effects like upset stomach, indigestion or nausea.
4. What are some Shilajit benefits for females?
Women can take Shilajit to improve energy levels, skin health, and cognitive function and restore hormonal balance.
5. What is the best time to take Shilajit?
One can take Shilajit at any time of the day, preferably empty stomach.
6. How long does it take for Shilajit to work?
The effect might vary from a few days to weeks, depending on the reason for which it is used.
7. Shilajit vs Ashwagandha - which is better?
Both Shilajit and Ashwagandha are beneficial for our health and provide unique benefits. Shilajit is primarily a rejuvenator that helps improve energy, brain, and sexual health. Ashwagandha is specifically suitable for reducing stress, anxiety and restoring sleep health.
8. What is the ideal shilajit dosage per day?
Studies support that one can take 3-5 grams of Shilajit daily. Beginners can start with 300-500 grams twice a day. However, one can consult a healthcare expert to understand the requirement better.
9. Can Shilajit support sexual health?
Shilajit can support fertility health, improve sperm count, and boost libido and testosterone levels.
10. Can I take Shilajit with other supplements?
One can take Shilajit with other supplements. However, seeking an expert's advice is better to avoid any potential interactions and enjoy the health benefits.