What is L-Arginine?
L-Arginine is one of the critical amino acids required by our body. The body uses this conditionally essential or semi-essential amino acid in protein synthesis, urea cycle and tissue repairing. L-Arginine gets converted to nitric oxide and citrulline, which act as vasodilators.
Additionally, it acts as a precursor to amino acids like glutamic acid, proline, and creatine and is required for the smooth functioning of our immune system. L-Arginine is necessary for developing T-cells, which are white blood cells that play central roles in an immune response.
Although our body can produce Arginine, external supply may become essential during some conditions like pregnancy, intense exercise, infancy, trauma and critical illness. Meat, nuts, poultry, fish, lentils, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dairy and soy products are a few L-Arginine foods. It can also be obtained by taking L-Arginine supplements widely available in capsules, powder, liquids, and tablets.
L-Arginine: Benefits & Uses
L-Arginine offers a wide range of health benefits such as:
- Boost exercise performance: L-Arginine has been shown to increase exercise performance by improving blood flow and elevating the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
- Enhance endurance: L-Arginine increases the level of nitric oxide in the body by promoting the production of creatine. The combined effects of increased oxygen delivery to the muscles and high energy levels due to creatine help boost endurance.
- Promote muscle pump: The improved blood circulation and enhanced supply of oxygen to the muscles increase the pump effect and make your muscles look stronger and more athletic.
- Support muscle recovery: L-Arginine is a precursor to many amino acids like ornithine that helps remove nitrogenous waste from the body. This amino acid also helps support recovery by reducing lactic acid accumulation and delaying muscle fatigue.
- Promote healthy blood sugar levels: Studies say that L-Arginine may benefit people with diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
How to choose the right L-Arginine for you?
One must choose L-Arginine supplements based on the following parameters:
- The supplement must contain pure L-Arginine without any fillers or additives.
- It must be certified, and third-party lab tested to secure the absence of banned substances.
- If you are allergic to any substance, read the ingredient list, warnings carefully and opt for a non-GMO and allergen-free L-Arginine supplement.
How to use L-Arginine?
One can take L-Arginine tablets, capsules or powder with water or juice.
Since L-Arginine helps increase stamina, it is advisable to take it before workouts.
Where to buy L-Arginine?
Nutrabay is India's most trusted online health supplement store that offers the most affordable L-Arginine price. We procure the products directly from brands or official importers. So for a hassle-free buying experience and secure online payment options, visit Nutrabay.com to get the best L-Arginine sachets and supplements in India.
Which is the best L-Arginine?
- Nutrabay Pro L-Arginine Capsules: The best L-Arginine supplement providing 1000 mg of pure Arginine in vegan-friendly capsules. Try these L-Arginine capsules if you are not a fan of powder form. It enhances nitric oxide production resulting in better blood flow, faster and better healing of muscles, reduced muscle soreness and stiffness post-workout.
- Nutrabay Pure L-Arginine: As the name says, it contains pure unflavoured L-Arginine without any added fillers or additives. Nutrabay Pure L-Arginine powder has excellent mixability and taking it before your workout provides everything your body needs to push your exercise to the next level.
Is L-Arginine safe to use?
L-Arginine is safe and usually well-tolerated when taken in the prescribed dosage. However, large doses might result in unpleasant symptoms like
- abdominal pain
- low blood pressure
It is advisable to seek medical advice before taking L-Arginine supplements if you suffer from medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, gout, asthma, liver and kidney disease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When to take L-Arginine?
One can take L-Arginine before or after meals. However, if you are a gym-goer or an athlete, you can also take it 30 minutes before going for your workout.
2. What is the ideal L-Arginine dosage per day?
There is no prescribed dosage of L-Arginine by the health authorities, but it usually ranges between 2-6 grams for bodybuilding per day. One must increase the dosage after consulting a fitness expert.
The L-Arginine dosage varies when taken to manage heart conditions, blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, surgery and must be taken under the doctor supervision.
3. Who can consume L-Arginine?
Bodybuilders, athletes, cyclists, runners, swimmers and people with an active lifestyle can consume L-Arginine to improve their athletic performance and energy levels.
However, it is advisable to seek medical advice during any medical condition.
4. Which is better - L-Arginine powder or capsules?
Both capsules and powder are equally effective. L-Arginine capsules are preferred by those who do not wish to take the powder form.