What is Coenzyme Q10?
Coenzyme Q10 is also known as CoQ10 or Ubiquinone. It is a naturally occurring compound in the body that plays a significant role in energy production.
Coenzyme Q10 is present in higher quantities in the organs like the heart, lungs, spleen, pancreas, kidney, and liver. It is vital for the smooth functioning of all the organs in the body.
Coenzyme Q10: Benefits & Uses
CoQ10 supplement is widely consumed because of its potent antioxidant property. It may help prevent or treat medical conditions like cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, cancer, obesity, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, allergy, migraine headaches, kidney failure, and ageing. CoQ10 helps boost the immune system and athletic performance.
Let us discuss some coenzyme Q10 benefits:
- Improve lungs health: CoQ10 protects the lungs through its antioxidant action. Studies have shown that low levels of CoQ10 can result in lung diseases like asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Healthy heart: It helps improve heart functioning by fighting oxidative stress, lowering cholesterol levels, and strengthening heart muscles.
- Radiant skin: CoQ10 is good for our skin health as well. It prevents free radicals from damaging our healthy skin cells and reduces premature ageing and wrinkle.
- Improve physical performance: CoQ10 is necessary for proper energy metabolism and benefits athletes and active people. It increases power and reduces fatigue. Low levels of CoQ10 can reduce energy levels, cause muscle pains and affect muscle contraction.
- Help with Diabetes: CoQ10 has been shown to promote insulin sensitivity and regulate blood sugar levels; hence suitable for people with diabetes as well.
- Protect brain cells: CoQ10 production tends to decline with age in our body; therefore, low levels are associated with age-related neurological disorders like Alzheimer and Parkinson's disease. Hence, CoQ10 is crucial for our brain health as it protects brain cells from damage.
- Improve reproductive health: Research has concluded that supplementing with CoQ10 may improve sperm quality, activity and concentration by increasing antioxidant protection.
- Reduce headache: CoQ10 deficiency has been observed in people suffering from migraines. It helps decrease the inflammation that may occur during migraines.
How to choose the right Coenzyme Q10 for you?
CoQ10 supplements are commonly available in powder, tablet, or capsule form. If you go to the store to buy CoQ10 supplements, you might see varieties with significant price ranges, and it might be confusing to choose the best quality Coenzyme Q10. But all CoQ10 supplements are not the same; there are two forms - ubiquinol and ubiquinone-both are valid forms of CoQ10. Ubiquinone is fat-soluble and not very absorbable on its own. Ubiquinol is water-soluble; therefore is much more easily absorbed into the bloodstream. The best form of CoQ10 to take is ubiquinol.
Always check the dosage. A person requires at least 50mg of CoQ10 daily, but it may vary from person to person. Hence it is advisable to consult a doctor to understand the requirement better, especially during any medical condition.
How to use Coenzyme Q10?
It is advisable to take CoQ10 tablets or capsules, preferably with meals. If you prefer to take Ubiquinone form, take it with a fat-rich meal for better absorption. One can simply swallow Coenzyme Q10 supplements with water or a beverage of your choice.
Where to buy Coenzyme Q10?
Nutrabay is India's most trusted website for purchasing the best coenzyme Q10 brands available in India. Nutrabay takes all pains to provide its customer's first-hand buying experience by emphasizing timely delivery and authenticity.
Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as we source products either directly from brands or with their official importers. Check out Nutrabay for the best Coenzyme Q10 price to stay active and feel great daily.
Is Coenzyme Q10 safe to use?
Dietary supplements of Coenzyme Q10 are safe to consume. Although no major Coenzyme Q10 side effects exist, some people might experience mild symptoms like nausea, diarrhoea, rash, loss of appetite, or abdominal discomfort.
It is advisable to consult a doctor during any existing medical condition, pregnancy, or lactation and never exceed the recommended dosage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Coenzyme Q10's recommended dosage?
Coenzyme Q10 dosage varies from person to person to avail of the health benefits.
- For elevated cholesterol levels, the recommended dosage for CoQ10 is 60–300 mg daily.
- For migraines, the recommended dosage is 300-400 mg per day.
- For diabetic people, CoQ10 required may range between 100-300 mg daily.
- To boost exercise performance, 300 mg of intake per day has been shown to be effective.
It is important to note that these values are based on various studies conducted; therefore, one should prefer seeking medical advice.
2. For how long can I take Coenzyme Q10?
Taking Coenzyme Q10 supplements for at least 8-12 weeks is advisable for better results.
3. What is the best form of Coenzyme Q10?
There are two forms of ubiquinol (water-soluble) and ubiquinone (fat-soluble). Ubiquinol form is considered better.
4. How to get Coenzyme Q10 naturally?
Primary Coenzyme Q10 foods include oily fish (salmon and tuna), organ meats (liver), and whole grains.
5. What are the signs of Coenzyme Q10 deficiency?
Signs and symptoms of Coenzyme Q10 deficiency usually develop in the later stages of life.
- Muscle weakness.
- Muscle stiffness.
- Involuntary muscle contraction.
- Impaired vision.
- Abnormal blood clotting.
- Poor immune health.
- High cholesterol levels.
- Reduced cognitive functioning.