What is Peanut Butter?
Peanut Butter is a paste made by roasting and grinding peanuts. It is the most popular spread loved by people across the world. Along with it, sometimes peanut butter may also contain salt, sweetener and other additives.
If you are bored of using jam, cheese and the same old spreads, try peanut butter. It is delicious, healthy and packed with nutrients.
Peanut butter has gained significance due to its numerous qualities relating to fitness, bodybuilding and weight loss. It is rich in proteins and good fats with fewer carbs. Peanut butter contains all twenty amino acids having arginine in abundance and a great source of plant-based beneficial compounds like phytosterols, resveratrol, phenolic acids and flavonoids.
Peanut Butter: Benefits & Uses
Peanut butter contains healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, plant proteins, magnesium, potassium, dietary fibre, and many bioactive components excellent for our health.
- Rich in protein: If you are looking for a plant-based source of protein, include peanut butter in your diet. It has all amino acids, and arginine is the most abundant amino acid present. Arginine keeps our liver, skin, joints, and muscles healthy. That's why athletes and bodybuilders prefer adding peanut butter to their daily diet.
- Excellent energy boost: Just one spoon of peanut butter can give around 200 calories; hence it is a perfect way to kick start your day or satisfy mid-meal snack cravings.
- Weight loss: Aiming to lose weight? Feel free to have peanut butter for weight loss. It is less in carbs and rich in dietary fibre and proteins. This high fibre and protein content provides fullness, prevents hunger cravings and junk food intake.
- Weight gain: Peanut butter is very versatile to use. To gain weight, one needs to consume a calorie-rich diet. One can also take peanut butter for weight gain as just one serving provides approx. 200 calories. Including a healthy calorie source like peanut butter in the diet supports a healthy weight gain.
- Packed with good fats: Peanut butter is an excellent way to provide your body with healthy fats. It is naturally trans fat-free, cholesterol-free and low in saturated fats. Monounsaturated fats form the majority of fats in peanut butter. It is high in oleic acid, a fatty acid also present in olive oil and loaded with heart-healthy benefits.
- Heart friendly: Regular peanut butter intake helps manage blood cholesterol levels, protect blood vessels and reduce cardiovascular disease risk.
- Prevent high blood pressure: Peanuts butter contains healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, plant proteins, magnesium, potassium, dietary fibre, arginine, and many bioactive components, all of which contributes to lowering blood pressure and reducing stroke risk.
- Antioxidant-rich: Peanut butter has several plant-based nutrients like resveratrol and flavonoids that are potent antioxidants. These compounds fight against free radicals, protect against heart disease and cancer by various mechanisms.
- Boost brain health - Peanut butter contains nutrients like niacin and vitamin E, which have been shown to protect against Alzheimer's disease and age-related cognitive decline.
- Diabetic-friendly: Peanut butter is low in carbs but rich in proteins and dietary fibre, preventing blood sugar fluctuations. It also contains magnesium which protects against diabetes.
How to choose the right peanut butter for you?
One can find a lot of variety among peanut butter in the market.
- If you prefer unsweetened or natural peanut butter, make sure to check the ingredients; it should only contain 100% roasted peanuts without any other additives.
- If you like your peanut butter with mild sweetness, you can go for sweeter versions. Apart from roasted peanuts, it may contain sugar or salt, but there should be no other artificial additive.
- One can also opt for flavoured peanut butter like chocolate peanut butter, as per the liking.
- It is advisable to read peanut butter ingredients carefully. They should not contain hydrogenated fat, any harmful additives or preservatives.
- Always buy a certified brand from an authorized seller.
How to use peanut butter?
Peanut butter is very versatile to use. Either one can have it raw or apply it as a spread on toast. You can also add Peanut butter can to shakes, smoothies, cookies, protein bars, cakes and ice creams.
Where to buy peanut butter?
Nutrabay provides you with premium quality nut butters and the best peanut butter price in India, along with the assurance of authenticity. You can check out the range at Nutrabay with guaranteed hassle-free delivery.
Which is the best peanut butter?
Nutrabay is one of the best peanut butter brands in India. They are cholesterol-free, trans-fat-free, and one can choose from a wide range of Nutrabay peanut butters.
- Nutrabay All-Natural Peanut Butter: This natural peanut butter is made from 100% high-quality roasted peanuts. It does not contain any added sugar, salt or additives and is the best peanut butter in India. One can enjoy this unsweetened peanut butter in both creamy and crunchy form.
- Nutrabay Original Peanut Butter: It is perfect for those who prefer peanut butter with a slight sweetness. Nutrabay Original Peanut Butter is the best peanut butter for weight gain as it contains an ideal blend of all macronutrients - carbs, proteins and fats. It comes in two variants - creamy and crunchy peanut butter.
- Nutrabay Chocolate Peanut Butter: This flavoured peanut butter comes in a deliciously creamy chocolate flavour to add a little twist to peanut butter taste.
Is peanut butter safe to use?
Absolutely! Peanut butter is safe to use. Anyone can enjoy it, including children and the elderly. It is considered safe for people with diabetes, pregnant and lactating women as well.
People with a peanut allergy or intolerance must avoid peanut butter. Since it is high in calories, one must consume peanut butter in moderation to enjoy health benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What nutrition does peanut butter provide?
Peanut butter nutrition:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter calories - approx. 200 kcal.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter protein - approx. 7-9 grams.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter fat - approx. 14-16 grams.
Micronutrients in peanut butter are vitamin E, niacin, magnesium, folate, biotin, potassium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, vitamin B3, B5 and B6.
2. Is peanut butter good for weight loss?
One can easily include peanut butter in the weight loss diet. It can either be taken during breakfast or as a mid-meal snack. The high protein and dietary fibre content provide fullness in fewer calories and help reduce overall calorie intake.
3. Does peanut butter make you fat?
Peanut butter is rich in calories and contains good fats. If consumed in moderation, regular peanut butter intake will not make you fat. However, it can be a part of a weight gain diet and can aid in fulfiling the increased calorie needs required to gain weight.
4. What is the difference between peanut butter and jam?
Peanut butter is a spread that is made from dry-roasted peanuts. Jam is a fruit preserve that is stored in glass jars typically. One can make jams out of sugar, fruits, and vegetables.
5. How do I deal with oil separated on the top of peanut butter?
Oil separation in peanut butter is natural, indicating that your peanut butter is natural without any added stabilizers or artificial ingredients. Here is a quick tip. Store it upside down! The oil will rise to the bottom. Just flip it before using stir it lightly to mix the oil back and enjoy that delicious spread.