Peanut Butter for Ultimate Health
Peanut butter is basically a spread made by grinding roasted peanuts, along with other added ingredients such as salt, sweeteners, etc. Peanut butter has gained a lot of significance due to its numerous qualities relating to fitness, bodybuilding and weightloss..
What makes Peanut butter an incredible food paste is that it is a great source of resveratrol, phenolic acids, flavonoids and phytosterols, Co-enzyme Q10 and all the twenty amino acids (arginine being the most abundant).
Natural versus Commercial Peanut Butter
Peanut butter can be simply made at home by grinding roasted peanuts with little added oil and salt/ sugar, or without adding any extra ingredients. It is natural peanut butter, and one can customize it according to individual preference and requirement.
Whereas peanut butter comes packed under various brands for commercial purposes as well. The commercial peanut butter is processed and may contain various added ingredients such as preservatives, flavouring agents, sweeteners etc. However, a lot of brands now a days are coming up with peanut butter with no unwanted additions in order to preserve its natural form.
As it is difficult to make peanut butter at home regularly, commercial peanut butter is a convenient way to be added to diet regimes.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
- Peanut butter is a very rich source of good quality protein, and hence it helps in meeting daily protein requirements.
- Its high nutritional values make it a wonderful food for bodybuilders.
- It is also a rich source of potassium, which is beneficial against hypertension.
- Due to the presence of various vitamins and minerals in abundance, peanut butter promotes strong bones, heart health, and prevents neurodegenerative disorders, cancer, diabetes, etc.
- It supports weight loss, because of its high protein, high fiber, abundant vitamins and minerals and the presence of healthy fats (which provides satiety) in it.
How to consume Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter is a very healthy and tasty way of consuming various nutrients within small servings. It can be consumed in several ways, such as:
- It can be a healthy substitute for unhealthy spreads such as salted butter, mayonnaise, liquid cheese etc. You can simply have multigrain bread toast with peanut butter spread on it or can make a healthy sandwich with it.
- You can add peanut butter to raw salads, steamed salads or sprout salads to increase their nutritional values. It also makes a combination of different types of proteins when added to sprouts salad, beans salad, broccoli- peas salad, etc resulting in enhanced quality of protein.
- Peanut butter can also be added to boiled oats, in order to enhance their taste and nutritive value.
- You can add it to bananas or banana shake to increase its nutritional value, this way it supports weight gain as well.
- Peanut butter powder can be simply consumed in water or milk.
- You can also have peanut butter bars available in the market, however many of them have high sugar and carbohydrate content.
It is not specific to have peanut butter in a particular dosage, rather adding it to diet helps in meeting your daily nutritional demands in a tasty way. Moreover, the healthy fats present in peanut butter provides satiety in lower dosages.
Safety and Precautions
Peanut butter is mostly safe for consumption, provided that you opt for an appropriate and certified brand. The only thing you need to check is the list of additional ingredients which should only contain the permissible elements within allowed quantities.
Having peanut butter with very high fat or carbohydrate content, too much sweetener, salt, oil, etc, for the long term may have their associated side effects, such as metabolic disorders, cardiac disorders, etc.
Natural peanut butter or commercial peanut butter spreads are safe for most individuals unless one is allergic to peanuts. However, people with any medical conditions such as renal diseases, cardiac diseases, etc, should consult their Nutritionist/ Health care provider before its consumption.
Why buy from Nutrabay?
Nutrabay provides you the best of supplements at the most genuine rates, along with the assurance of authenticity. You can check out the range of best peanut- butter here at Nutrabay with guaranteed hassle- free delivery.
Myprotein All Natural Peanut Butter:
It contains 579 Kcal, 46 g fats, 12 g carbohydrates and 30 g of proteins per 100 g of peanut butter. It consists of just three ingredients, roasted peanuts (75%), coconut (22%) and Honey and is free from salt.
It contains 624 Kcal, 52.2 g fats, 12 g carbohydrates and 26 g of proteins per 100 g of peanut butter. It contains roasted peanuts, salt, sugar, permitted stabilizing agent and soya.