What is vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin known for its potent antioxidant effect. It is also known as tocopherol and naturally exists in fat-containing foods. Vegetable oils like sunflower oil, wheat germ oil and safflower oil, nuts, seeds, olives, olive oil, peanut butter and spinach are a few vitamin E foods.
Vitamin E is a group of eight fat-soluble compounds, of which alpha-tocopherol is considered the best to meet daily dietary needs. Owing to its health benefits, vitamin E supplements are popularly consumed.
Vitamin E: Benefits & Uses
Below mentioned are a few vitamin E capsule benefits.
- Antioxidant: The primary vitamin E function in the body is to reduce oxidative stress and free radical damage by exerting its antioxidant action. Increased free radicals in the body have been shown to cause cellular damage. Vitamin E protects our healthy cells and prevents organ damage.
- Support skin health: Vitamin E has been shown to be effective for healthy and youthful skin. It may help prevent skin damage and enhance its repair. Due to this reason, a lot of people use vitamin E capsule for face.
- Minimize heart disease risk: Studies support that vitamin E provides protection against heart diseases by keeping blood pressure and cholesterol levels in control.
- Boost brain health: Optimal levels of vitamin E are vital to maintain healthy cognitive functioning and prevent age-related neurological decline.
- Support athletic performance: Intense exercise results in an increased production of free radicals in the body. Vitamin E scavenges these free radicals through its antioxidant activity, supports recovery and lessens cell damage.
- Healthy hair: Vitamin E may help promote hair growth by improving blood circulation in the scalp. One can use vitamin E oil or vitamin E capsule for hair to moisturize hair and treat dry or frizzy hair.
- Promote healthy hormonal balance: Research support that vitamin E may help improve PCOD symptoms by improving insulin sensitivity. It can also improve thyroid functioning in people having thyroid disorders.
- Healthy lungs: Vitamin E has been shown to improve asthma symptoms and lung function during clinical trials.
- Improve vision health: When taken with vitamin C and zinc, vitamin E may help improve eye health and reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration and cataract.
- Enhance immune health: Vitamin E facilitates the immune system by enhancing the body's defences and immune cell responses and increasing phagocytic functions.
How to choose the right vitamin E for you?
Here are a few points to consider while buying a vitamin E supplement.
- Vitamin E supplements are available in various forms, like capsules, oils, or tablets. One can choose as per the preference.
- It is better to opt for a natural vitamin E ((d-alpha-tocopherol) instead of a synthetic form ((dl-alpha-tocopherol) as the natural form has better bioavailability.
- The product must be certified and free from unwanted fillers.
- If you are allergic to any food, read the allergen warning. For example, wheatgerm derived vitamin E may not suit people with gluten sensitivities.
- Check the dosage, as vitamin E capsule or tablet should not exceed the recommended allowance.
- Consult a doctor if you have any underlying medical condition or are on medications.
How to use vitamin E?
- One can take oral vitamin E tablets or capsules as per the usage instructions mentioned in the pack.
- For topical use, one can use vitamin e capsules for skin or hair to moisturize and nourish.
Where to buy vitamin E?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best vitamin E capsules in India. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best vitamin E capsule price to feel great daily and build a healthy body.
Is vitamin E safe to use?
Vitamin E supplements are usually considered safe when taken in moderation. One must avoid taking high doses of vitamin E to prevent potential side effects like digestion issues, vitamin E toxicity, and increased risk of bleeding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. List some vitamin E rich foods.
- Peanuts and peanut butter
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Vegetable oils
2. How to use a vitamin E capsule on face?
One can directly apply vitamin E capsule extract on the face or mix it in any face pack and apply it.
3. What are some vitamin E deficiency diseases?
A deficiency of vitamin E causes impaired coordination, weak muscles, anaemia, and difficult walking.
4. What is vitamin E chemical name?
It is known by the name of tocopherol.
5. Are there any vitamin E capsule side effects?
Here are a few vitamin E side effects when taken in excess -
- Abdominal distress
- Blurred vision
6. How much vitamin E per day is advisable?
As per ICMR, the vitamin E daily requirement is 7.5-10 mg tocopherol.