What is Whey Protein Hydrolysate?
Whey Protein Hydrolysate or hydrolyzed whey protein is the ultra-pure form of whey protein and is obtained through a process called hydrolysis. In this process, the protein chains are broken down into smaller segments. These newly formed protein particles are tiny, easily absorbed by the body, and are called peptides. The digestion and absorption rate of hydrolyzed whey protein is way faster when compared to any other form of whey protein. It is often used to speed up the process of recovery and protein synthesis.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate: Benefits & Uses
Hydrolyzed whey protein is regarded as the highest quality among other forms of protein. Here are some of the benefits of whey hydro.
- Complete Protein Source: Whey protein hydrolysate is extracted by further processing whey protein isolate. It provides all essential amino acids with superior bioavailability making it an excellent protein source.
- Easy To Digest: Hydro whey is high in protein with negligible fat and carb content. Due to its low lactose content, it is less likely to cause abdominal distress, indigestion, or bloating. If you face trouble digesting lactose, consider taking hydrolyzed whey protein. Hydrolyzed whey is simply a broken-down version of regular whey and is easier for the digestive system.
- Encourage Lean Muscle Mass: The best time to consume whey protein hydrolysate is immediately after a workout, as it quickly delivers the amino acids and proteins to the muscles. It rapidly begins the recovery process and ultimately increases muscular growth, repair, and recovery. Hence, it is a perfect protein supplement for any athlete who needs to accelerate recovery and promote muscle growth after intense training.
- Aid Weight Management: Hydrolyzed whey protein can be a great addition to low-carb and weight-loss diets because of its low fat and carb content. It can support weight loss and improve body composition by curbing hunger cravings, providing satiety, and increasing calorie burning.
- Boost Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: Whey protein hydrolysate has been shown to enhance the effects of carbohydrate ingestion on post-exercise muscle glycogen resynthesis.
How does whey protein hydrolysate work?
Whey protein hydrolysate increases the magnitude of the immediate increase in amino acids in the systemic circulation available for muscle protein anabolism. Protein hydrolysate ingestion induces a substantially greater insulin secretion, which in response, contributes to muscle protein anabolism, especially after resistance exercise.
How to choose the right whey protein hydrolysate for you?
Consider these points before opting for a hydrolyzed whey protein supplement.
- The supplement should have hydrolyzed whey protein listed as its ingredient.
- Always buy from a reputable and trusted source like Nutrabay to secure authenticity.
- The supplement should contain no added sugar, banned substances, or harmful additives.
- It should be FSSAI approved and made in compliance with the manufacturing guidelines.
- Check for the allergen info if you are allergic to any foodstuff.
How to use whey protein hydrolysate?
One can enjoy whey protein hydrolysate supplements with water, milk, shakes, smoothies, or any preferred beverage. Whey isolate can also be a part of homemade pancakes, muffins, protein bars, cookies, puddings, and ice creams as a healthy ingredient.
Where to buy whey protein hydrolysate?
Nutrabay is India’s most trusted online health supplement store to buy genuine and certified products because supplements are procured directly from the brands or official importers. Nutrabay brand offers a vast range of protein powders offering high-quality protein with better bioavailability.
Is whey protein hydrolysate safe to use?
Hydrolyzed whey protein has no side effects and is safe for everyone, including women and older adults. Weight watchers, people on keto or low-carb diets, and bodybuilders can take whey protein hydrolysate supplements to meet daily protein demands.
People with existing medical conditions like liver or kidney disease and diabetes should consult a healthcare professional before buying any protein supplement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which is the best time to consume hydrolyzed whey protein?
One can take it at any time of the day, preferably post-workout.
2. Can I take whey protein hydrolysate without exercise?
One can consume hydro whey without exercise to fulfill daily protein needs via a healthy source. However, it boosts muscle growth and helps us stay healthy and in shape when combined with workouts. It is advisable to stay within the recommended usage.
3. Is hydro whey safe for lactose intolerants?
Whey protein hydrolysate has negligible lactose content; hence people with lactose intolerance can consume them. However, if the person is severely allergic or intolerant to lactose, then opting for plant proteins is a safe approach.