What is a Multivitamin for Women?
The dietary requirements of every individual vary depending upon age, gender, physical activity and many other factors. Multivitamins for women are crafted specifically to target and meet the unique nutritional needs of women.
Multivitamin supplements contain a blend of essential vitamins and minerals required for maintaining overall health. In addition, they may also contain superfood extracts, amino acids or antioxidants that support good health and fitness.
Women require some nutrients in extra as compared to men for optimal health, for example, iron, calcium, folic acid, zinc, calcium and vitamin A.
Multivitamins for women are formulated to meet these increased needs of women, especially during childbearing age, pregnancy, lactation and menopause phase.
Multivitamin for Women: Benefits & Uses
Here are some of the advantages of taking a good multivitamin for women.
- Keep energy levels up: Most B-complex multivitamins are required for energy metabolism. A multivitamin for women provides all B-group vitamins that keep you energized throughout the day. They also assist in post-workout muscle recovery among women athletes or those with active lifestyles.
- Prevent deficiencies: Studies have shown that nutritional deficiencies of iron, calcium, vitamin D and B12 are common among women and, if left untreated, can result in conditions like osteoporosis, weak immune and bone health during later stages of life. A multivitamin per day is a good idea to prevent and compensate for deficiencies in the body.
- Good for strong and healthy bones: Ageing is a natural process that we all undergo; hence, it is essential to keep our body prepared for changes as we grow old. A good multivitamin for women per day is necessary to deliver vital nutrients like calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, vitamins D and phosphorus needed to keep bones strong and healthy.
- Strengthen immune health: Keeping our immune health strong is vital to keep illnesses at bay. A multivitamin supplement can supply the required nutrients for the smooth functioning of our immune system.
- Beautifies hair and skin: Multivitamin for women contains vitamins like biotin, vitamin C and E, and collagen that effectively keeps hair and skin healthy.
How to choose the right multivitamin for women?
Here are some of the points that one must consider before buying a multivitamin for women.
- Many multivitamins for women are available in the market that targets different ages. Hence, one can choose as per the suitability.
- It is advisable to read the product label and dosage carefully and ensure that no nutrient exceeds 100% RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance).
- A multivitamin for women must have nutrients like iron, calcium, folic acid, and vitamin B12 to get the needed support.
- The product must be certified and free from harmful additives.
- If you are allergic to gluten or prefer vegan-friendly products, then it is necessary to read the warnings carefully.
How to use a multivitamin for women?
Multivitamin capsules or tablets can be swallowed with water or a beverage of your choice.
However, if you do not prefer taking tablets or capsules, you can opt for multivitamin gummies, chewable tablets or syrups.
It is advisable to read the dosage and timing of multivitamins mentioned on the pack.
Where to buy a multivitamin for women?
You can buy multivitamins for women online at Nutrabay.com. Buying from Nutrabay.com ensures you get original products directly without any middlemen, quality customer service, fast delivery, best price deals for all the products.
Is multivitamin for women safe to use?
Multivitamin supplements are safe to consume and do not have any side effects. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor before taking a dietary supplement. It is necessary, especially if you are on medications or in the pregnancy and lactation phase.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why do we need a multivitamin for women?
Multivitamins are an effective way to fill the dietary gaps to ensure you do not lack essential nutrition. Multivitamins can support our diet to meet everyday nutrient needs. For example, during pregnancy, folic acid and calcium requirement increases for healthy foetal growth.
Similarly, females are prone to iron deficiency anaemia due to menstrual blood loss every month, and a multivitamin supplement can compensate for the same. Studies have shown that women are more prone to osteoporosis if the levels of calcium and vitamin D in the body are inadequate.
Therefore, a multivitamin for women can provide extra support for overall well-being.
2. Can a multivitamin for women be taken daily?
One can take a multivitamin supplement daily. However, following the recommended usage instructions mentioned on the pack is advisable as dosage may vary from brand to brand.
3. Are there any side effects of taking multivitamins for women?
When taken as per the recommended usage, multivitamins for women are absolutely safe and do not cause side effects. One should try not to exceed the dosage to enjoy the health benefits as overdosage might result in:
- Abdominal cramps
- Skin rashes
4. What is the best time to consume a multivitamin for women?
Women can take multivitamins at any time of the day, preferably with meals.
5. Are multivitamins for women safe for people with diabetes?
Absolutely, females with diabetes can opt for multivitamins for women. One can also opt for multivitamins with diabetic support after a doctor's consultation.