What is Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is a traditional Indian formulation based on an Ayurvedic recipe. It contains a blend of around 50 herbs, natural herb extracts, and minerals. The primary ingredient of Chyawanprash is amla, or Indian gooseberry. Other vital ingredients added to Chyawanprash are Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Shatavari, Gokshura, Pippali, Guduchi, Bala, Honey and many more.
Chyawanprash has a thick fruit jam-like consistency with a sweet, spicy and sour flavour. It acts as a potent antioxidant, promotes excellent health, rejuvenates the body, and minimises the risk of chronic degenerative diseases. As per Ayurveda, Chyawanprash also helps balance the three doshas of the human body - Pitta, Vata and Kapha.
Chyawanprash: Benefits & Uses
Regular intake of Chyawanprash is associated with multiple health benefits.
- Nutrient Rich: The primary ingredient of Chyawanprash is amla, the richest source of vitamin C. In addition, Chyawanprash also contains nutrients like protein, dietary fibre, flavonoids, piperine, vitamin E, carotenoids, and minerals like iron, copper, zinc, and manganese.
- Antioxidant-rich: Chyawanprash is a good source of various biologically active compounds that act as antioxidants. These are vitamin C, caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, gallic acid, and quercitrin.
- Support digestion and metabolism: Chyawanprash helps improve digestion and metabolism. It has been found to relieve and prevent issues like vomiting, hyperacidity, flatulence, gas formation, and stomach cramps.
- Protect the respiratory system: Chyawanprash has been shown to improve immune health and strengthen respiratory functioning. It helps treat issues like cough, common cold, asthma, rhinitis and tuberculosis.
- Boost immunity: Chyawanprash helps improve the disease-fighting ability of the body naturally. It scavenges free radicals, facilitates healing and acts as an anti-microbial agent.
- Protect the brain: Chyawanprash is good for our brain health. It reduces the risk of depression and anxiety and enhances memory. Chyawanprash also protects our brain cells with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Promote healthy heart functioning: Chyawanprash has been shown to strengthen the blood vessels and promote healthy heart structure and function.
- Restore hormonal balance: Chyawanprash promotes a healthy hormonal balance and boosts fertility and virility in men and women.
- Healthy cholesterol and blood glucose levels: One can also take Chyawanprash regularly to maintain healthy blood sugar levels and keep cholesterol levels in control.
- Detoxes Naturally: Chyawanprash strengthens liver and kidney health by acting as a natural detoxifier and eliminating blood impurities. It facilitates better calcium and protein absorption and promotes hair growth and youthful skin.
How to choose the right Chyawanprash?
Here are a few tips for choosing the best Chyawanprash for you.
- Check the Chyawanprash ingredients. It should have a high amla content and other beneficial ingredients like cinnamon, tulsi, ginger, and ashwagandha.
- Choose as per your health concern. For example, people with diabetes can opt for low-sugar or sugar-free Chyawanprash. There are also Chyawanprash for kids that are formulated considering the nutrition needs of children.
- Prefer a reputable brand and choose the Chyawanprash, free from unwanted additives or chemicals.
- The product should be certified, FSSAI-approved and lab-tested.
How to use Chyawanprash?
One can take half to one teaspoon of Chyawanprash daily. It can also be mixed in warm milk. One must stay within the recommended dosage.
Where to buy Chyawanprash?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best Chyawanprash in India. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best Chyawanprash price and quality.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best time to eat Chyawanprash?
One can take Chyawanprash at any time of the day, preferably empty stomach or before meals.
2. Are there any Chyawanprash side effects?
Chyawanprash is generally considered safe to use. However, it may cause allergic reactions if you are allergic or sensitive to any added ingredient. People with medical conditions or on regular medications like blood thinners should consult a doctor before consuming Chyawanprash.
3. What is the recommended dosage of Chyawanprash?
One can begin by consuming half to one tablespoon daily. The dosage can be increased gradually depending on the need. The recommended dosage might vary from brand to brand, so it is advisable to refer to the label pack.