What is grapeseed?
Grapeseed extract is made from the seeds of Grape fruit. Grapeseed extract is known to possess potent antioxidant properties due to the presence of flavonoids and polyphenols. Grapeseed extract is popularly consumed in the form of dietary supplements.
Grapeseed: Benefits & Uses
Here are a few claimed health benefits of grapeseed extract.
- Antioxidant: The antioxidant capacity of grapeseed is considered higher than commonly known antioxidants like beta-carotene and vitamins C and E. It scavenges free radicals and fights oxidative stress making it also beneficial for people involved in strenuous workouts.
- Enhance wound healing: Grapeseed extract has been shown to accelerate the process of wound healing as it contains polyphenyl phenolic bioflavonoids and proanthocyanidins.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Chronic inflammation is linked with various diseases like diabetes, auto-immune disorders, etc. Grape seed extract reduces inflammatory marker levels and relieves swelling, pain, and redness.
- Support heart health: Grapeseed has been shown to boost cardiovascular functioning and reduce heart disease risk by preventing harmful cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries and lowering blood pressure and inflammation.
- Healthy blood pressure levels: People with hypertension can consider grapeseed extract to manage their blood pressure levels. Proanthocyanidin present in grapeseed may help reduce blood pressure by exerting two mechanisms - nitric oxide mediated vasodilation and reduced oxidative stress.
- Support immune health: Grapeseed is known to possess anti-microbial properties and protect from common infections.
- May boost liver and kidney health: Grapeseed extract may support liver and kidney health by eliminating toxins, fighting free radicals and reducing inflammation in the body.
- Boost bone health: Studies suggest that grapeseed extract may benefit bone health when consumed with a calcium-rich source.
- May reduce cancer risk: The high antioxidant content of grapeseed may help exhibit an anti-cancer effect and destroy tumour cells without affecting the normal healthy cells.
How does grapeseed work?
Grapeseed has been shown to exhibit powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of phenolic compounds, flavonoids, and proanthocyanidin. These compounds are majorly responsible for all the health benefits of grapeseed extract.
How to choose the right grapeseed extract for you?
Dietary supplements of grapeseed extract are widely available in powder, oil, tablet, and capsule form. Here are a few points to consider before buying a grapeseed extract.
- The supplements should have a high percentage of the active ingredient - proanthocyanidin.
- It should be lab-tested, certified and FSSAI-approved.
- The product should be free from unwanted additives and fillers.
- Check the recommended dosage and serving, which may vary from brand to brand.
How to use grapeseed extract?
One can consume grapeseed extract as per the recommended usage instructions mentioned on the pack. It is advisable to take the product regularly to experience the potential health benefits.
Where to buy grapeseed extract?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best grapeseed extract in India. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best grapeseed extract price and quality.
Is grapeseed safe to use?
Grapeseed extract is generally considered safe. However, people may experience mild side effects like headache, nausea, and sore throat.
People with medical conditions or on regular medications, pregnant and lactating women must consult the doctor before consuming grapeseed extract supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are there any grapeseed side effects?
Grapeseed extract is usually safe to consume when taken in the prescribed dosage. However, some people may experience side effects like nausea, headache, dizziness, stomachache, itchy scalp, and sore throat.
2. What is the best time to consume grapeseed extract?
One can consume grapeseed extract at any time of the day, preferably with meals. Active people can consider taking it before a workout.
3. What is the correct dosage of grapeseed extract?
Grapeseed extract dosage might vary from brand to brand, and it is advisable not to exceed the same. Studies suggest that it may vary between 100-300 mg daily.