No products were found matching your selection.
What is Shatavari?
Shatavari is also known as Asparagus racemosus. In Ayurveda, it is primarily used as a rejuvenator to improve female reproductive health. The Shatavari plant is widely found in India. It has spiny branches and bears white flowers. Shatavari plant roots are fleshy, tuberous and rich in various health-boosting compounds.
Shatavari: Benefits & Uses
Let's have a look at some Shatavari benefits.
- Antioxidant: Shatavari contains potent antioxidants that can neutralize the effect of free radicals. Active people can consider Shatavari to minimize exercise-induced oxidative stress.
- Anti-inflammatory: Shatavari can help reduce inflammatory damage and provide ease from pain, redness, and swelling.
- Galactagogue: Shatavari exerts an excellent galactagogue effect and can be used to increase milk production in lactating mothers.
- Improve hormonal balance: Studies suggest that Shatavari may have oestrogenic effects and can help improve menstrual health and regain hormonal balance in females.
- Boost immunity: Shatavari possesses immuno-modulatory and antibacterial properties that may regulate and improve immune health.
- Support brain health: Shatavari can act as a memory enhancer. It has also been shown to reduce amnesia risk and age-related cognitive decline.
- Improve fertility: Men and women can take Shatavari to improve fertility, increase libido, and keep sexual organs healthy.
- Aid digestive health: Shatavari has been shown to soothe digestive discomfort, promote healthy bowel movements, and alleviate indigestion.
- Reduce kidney stone risk: Shatavari prevents the formation of oxalate stones, the primary cause of renal stones in the body.
How does Shatavari work?
Shatavari contains various plant-based compounds like flavanoids, isoflavones, saponins like shatvarins, antioxidants, and alkaloids that are believed to provide significant health benefits.
How to choose the right Shatavari for you?
One can consider the below checkpoints before buying Shatavari.
- Shatavari is generally available in powder, capsule, and tablet form. One can choose based on the preferred form.
- It is better to opt for a certified brand from a reputable source. Check for the certification logos to ensure the product is non-GMO and free from harmful substances or unwanted fillers.
- Check the recommended dosage and serving size. Consult a healthcare professional if you are unsure of your daily requirement.
How to use Shatavari?
One can use Shatavari powder, tablets or other forms as per the usage instructions given by the brand on the pack.
Where to buy Shatavari?
Nutrabay.com is India's most trusted leading online website for the best Shatavari capsules, powder and tablets. Products sold on Nutrabay are 100% authentic as they are sourced either directly from the brands or official importers. We guarantee a hassle-free buying experience online with secure payment options. Check out Nutrabay for the best Shatavari churna price and fantastic deals.
Is Shatavari safe to use?
Shatavari is generally safe to use when taken in moderation. However, pregnant and lactating women and people taking medications or hormone therapy should take Shatavari only after a doctor's consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are some Shatavari powder benefits?
Shatavari can help improve fertility, digestive, immune, heart and reproductive health. It can help rejuvenate and improve overall well-being.
2. What are the benefits of Shatavari for female?
Females can take Shatavari to regulate the menstrual cycle, improve menopause symptoms and PMS, and support a healthy pregnancy.
3. How long does Shatavari take to work?
One can notice the difference within a few weeks, depending on the reason for which it is used.
4. Are there any Shatavari side effects?
Shatavari is safe to use when taken within the recommended dosage. However, one may experience mild side effects like indigestion, bloating, nausea, etc.
5. How much Shatavari can I take daily?
The dosage might vary depending on various factors. However, one may take 1-2 grams daily. People taking Shatavari for the first time can start with a smaller dose of 500 mg daily and gradually increase it as required.
6. What are the uses of Shatavari for men?
Men can take Shatavari to improve fertility and sperm count and enhance vitality.
7. How to take Shatavari powder?
One can take Shatavari powder with water, milk or a beverage of choice.
8. Can I take both Ashwagandha and Shatavari?
One can take both herbs to alleviate stress and boost stamina and reproductive health.
9. What is Shatavari scientific name?
The scientific name of Shatavari is Asparagus racemosus.
10. Can I take Shatavari for pcos?
One may use Shatavari to manage PCOS. It may help regularize the menstrual cycle and restore hormonal balance.