What is Raw Whey Protein?
If you know the types of protein supplements available in the market, you must have come across raw whey protein supplements.
When we curdle the milk, the liquid part obtained is the original, unadulterated whey protein. It is processed at low temperatures, which keeps all its nutrients intact because of which it contains many nutrients such as lactose, fats, etc. The liquid is then spray dried to get raw whey protein powder. Raw whey protein is one of the best forms which you one choose. It is beneficial and economical.
Raw whey protein is unprocessed and natural whey protein and does not have any side effects.
Raw Whey Protein: Benefits & Uses
Let's discuss some raw whey protein benefits:
- Free from additives: Raw Whey Protein is the least processed form of whey. If you prefer natural protein that should not contain artificial colours, flavours, or stabilizers, go for raw whey proteins.
- Promote muscle growth: Raw whey proteins have an excellent amino acid profile and essential amino acids necessary for building and maintaining lean muscles. They provide strength for exercise or routine physical activity and prevent lethargy.
- Support muscle recovery: Active athletes and bodybuilders prefer taking raw whey protein post their workout sessions. Since whey is fast-digesting, it encourages fast muscle recovery and reduces muscle damage.
- Reduce disease risk: Raw whey protein promote lean muscle gain and prevent excess fat accumulation in the body. Less fat in the body means reduced risk of metabolic disorders like obesity, diabetes and heart diseases.
Raw Whey Protein Types
One can opt for two types of raw whey protein available in the market.
- Raw Whey Protein Concentrate: It is the purest and unflavoured whey protein obtained with minimal processing. It does not have digestive enzymes and is slightly heavy to digest. The protein concentration is 80%, along with lactose, milk fat and other milk components. Raw whey protein concentrate is not recommended for lactose-intolerants due to the presence of lactose.
- Raw Whey Protein Isolate: When the raw whey concentrate is processed further to remove fats and lactose, we get raw whey protein isolate. The protein concentration is comparatively high, with little fat and lactose content. So, if you prefer taking unflavoured isolates, raw whey isolate is the best for you. It can be taken by lactose intolerants as well.
How to choose the right raw whey protein for you?
- If you want a pure whey protein with no artificial additives, you can go for raw whey proteins.
- If you are okay with taking some carbs and fats along with protein and do not suffer from frequent indigestion issues, go for raw whey protein concentrate.
- People aiming to gain weight can also opt for raw whey protein concentrate.
- If the fitness goal is to build a ripped, shredded physique and reduce body fat percentage, choose raw whey protein isolate.
- It is advisable to read the ingredient list carefully. A good quality raw whey protein will have only a single ingredient of protein source, without any other fillers or artificial additives.
- Always buy a certified protein from an authorized seller.
- The product must be free from banned or prohibited substances.
How to use raw whey protein?
Raw whey proteins taste like unsweetened milk powder. Active people or bodybuilders can consume them once or twice a day, preferably in the water. People targeting weight gain or bulk can have it in milk or banana shake.
Some people might find it challenging to get used to unflavoured proteins.
In such cases, one can add raw whey protein powders to shakes, smoothies, ice creams, protein bars, pancakes and other dishes of choice to make them healthy and protein-rich.
Where to buy raw whey protein?
Nutrabay provides you with the best raw whey proteins at the most genuine rates, along with the assurance of authenticity. You can check out the range and avail most affordable raw whey protein price at Nutrabay with guaranteed hassle-free delivery.
Which is the best raw whey protein?
Nutrabay brand offers the best quality raw whey protein to fulfil daily protein needs without any unwanted ingredients.
- Nutrabay Pure 100% Whey Protein Concentrate: It is the best raw whey protein in India. It provides 23.4 grams of pure whey concentrate per scoop that promote muscle development. Besides containing good fats and lactose, it has a high quantity of BCAAs and glutamine for muscle repair and growth.
- Nutrabay Pure 100% Whey Protein Isolate: If you prefer unflavoured whey isolate with negligible lactose and fat content, Nutrabay Pure 100% Whey Protein Isolate is perfect. It supports immediate muscle recovery, reduces muscle soreness, and helps grow and develop muscle tissues. You do not need to worry about the presence of any harmful substances and can easily take it for a longer period.
Is raw whey protein safe to use?
Raw whey protein is pure and natural. It is absolutely safe to consume as it does not contain any fillers.
Since raw whey protein is unprocessed, it does not have any digestive enzymes, so start with a small dosage and slowly increase the amount if you find it difficult to digest.
There are no known raw whey protein side effects, but people with existing medical conditions like liver or kidney disease must seek medical advice before taking any protein supplement. Pregnant and lactating women can also take raw whey protein after consulting their gynaecologists.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the difference: raw whey protein vs whey protein?
We obtain raw whey protein right after separating the solid part after milk is coagulated. Raw whey protein does not have digestive enzymes. It is unflavoured, less processed and contains other milk components like lactose and fats.
Whey proteins are usually available in concentrate, isolate or hydrolysate form. Isolate, and hydrolyzed forms undergo processing where the lactose and fat content is reduced. They may also contain added digestive enzymes, flavours and colours. Unlike raw whey protein, whey proteins are suitable for lactose intolerants and people with weak gut health.
2. Is raw protein better than whey protein?
Both the forms are excellent and do the same job. However, one can choose as per the liking and fitness goals.
3. Who can consume raw whey protein?
Anyone can take raw whey protein.
- Bodybuilders and athletes.
- Gym-goers and fitness enthusiasts.
- Sedentary people aiming to fulfil daily protein needs.
- Pregnant and lactating women (after doctor consultation).
- Older adults.
4. How much raw whey protein can I take per day?
The amount of protein to be taken daily varies from person to person, depending on the individual parameters, physical activity level, medical history, etc. Most people require 1-2 scoops of raw whey supplement per day; however, this may differ in extreme cases.