What are Gainers?
Every individual has their own fitness goal. Some may wish to lose weight, while some aspire to gain. Weight gaining might be challenging, specifically for hard-gainers and ectomorphs. If you struggle to gain weight, build mass and bulk up, include a mass gainer in the diet.
Gainers are nutritional supplements formulated to aid in mass gain and weight gain. Gaining weight does not mean simply loading up calories. There has to be an adequate balance of all the nutrients. Food experts consider the same while formulating gainers to provide a healthy weight gain. A gainer typically provides 700-1000 calories per serving and a protein: carbohydrates ratio between 1:3 and 1:5.
People with high metabolic rates should follow a simple formula: consume a calorie-rich diet to gain weight. The requirement may vary, usually 2500+ calories a day. Intake of high calories with a balanced proportion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats daily might be effortful; that's where gainers help. Regular consumption of gainer with an adequate diet helps build muscle, gain mass and achieve your desired physique.
Gainers: Benefits & Uses
Gainers are beneficial for healthy mass and weight gain. They are a convenient way of increasing overall calorie intake, gaining bulk and strength.
- Rich in calories: The calorie needs may go more than 2500 per day of the health goal is to bulk up. It might be challenging to meet such high needs only through diet as it requires consuming large portions of food in every meal. Gainers are a healthy way to deliver approx. 700-1000 calories in a single-serve hence conducive to achieve health goals.
- Nutrient-Dense: Gainers are enriched with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to boost health naturally. A good quality gainer like Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer will always provide healthy carbs, protein and fats sources, and not sugar or any harmful ingredients to deliver calories.
- Excellent for Recovery: Research-backed studies suggest a post-workout meal should have a carb+protein combination for complete recovery. Gainers are perfect and well-suited as a post-workout meal. Proteins present in them support fast muscle recovery while carbohydrates aid in replenishing lost glycogen stores.
- Support Digestion: People prone to frequent indigestion issues should opt for a gainer enriched with digestive enzymes. The presence of enzymes supports better digestion and absorption. Better absorption means increased nutrient supply to the muscle cells resulting in enhanced muscle gains and mass.
- Versatile to consume: Gainers are very easy to include in the diet. They can be taken either in the morning as a breakfast beverage or in-between meals as a healthy snack. Gainers are the ultimate pre or post-workout drink, provide ample energy, facilitate muscle recovery and growth.
Types of Gainers:
There are two types of Gainers: Mass Gainer and Weight Gainer. People often use them interchangeably, yet there is a noticeable difference between the two. Both are widely available in powder forms in a variety of flavours to enjoy. Having a clear understanding of both might help in making a wise selection to satisfy nutritional needs.
- Mass Gainer: They should be preferred when the fitness goal is to gain muscle mass. Mass gainers are calorie-dense and contain high carbohydrate content as compared to protein and fat. A typical mass gainer composition consists of approx. 60-65% carbs, 30-35% proteins and 4-5% fats. Also, they may contain added digestive enzyme blends, vitamins and minerals. Mass gainers are perfect for clean bulking without extra fat in the body when accompanied by a proper workout.
- Weight Gainer: Ideal for people intending to gain weight. Carbohydrates and calories are high in weight gainer compared to mass gainer, besides the protein content are less. Best weight gainer will usually have a nutrient distribution of approx. 75-85% carbs, 15-20% proteins and 4-5% fats. Weight gainer shakes are generally opted by hard gainers having light exercise schedules.
How to choose the right gainer for you?
Choosing the right gainer might be confusing at times. Here are a few quick checks which might help in determining the right product.
- If the fitness goal is to gain weight, go for a weight gainer but if one desires to gain muscle mass, choose a mass gainer.
- Identify daily protein, carbohydrate and fat requirements, and choose a gainer that fits perfectly in fulfilling the same along with a balanced diet.
- It is better to have a gainer with protein complex from sources like whey and casein. A combination of sustained and fast release proteins ensure the supply of nutrients for a prolonged period and support muscle growth.
- A gainer should contain no added sugar and must be free from all prohibited or banned substances.
How to use Gainers?
Mass gain and weight gain powders are available in various compositions and lip-smacking flavours. If a person has busy mornings and tends to skip breakfast, gainers can act as a perfect breakfast beverage with water or milk. Instead of bingeing on an unhealthy snack, one can take gainer as a healthy evening bite. One can experiment with shakes or smoothies using a gainer to enjoy a healthy dose of nutrition.
Where to buy Gainers?
Want premium quality mass gainers and weight gainers? You will find them all on Nutrabay. All the products listed are certified and procured directly either from the brand or official importers. Therefore, one can be assured of no fake supplements as products undergo strict quality checks. Check out Nutrabay.com to grab authentic, lab-tested and best mass gainer price.
Which is the best gainer?
Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer is one of the top gainers one can choose. It is the best mass gainer in India, with energy-giving complex carbs, multi-source proteins and good fats from MCTs. Pair Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer with a well-balanced diet and exercise to achieve your dream physique.
One serving of Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer provides 711 calories, more than 40 g proteins and 123 g carbohydrates (1:3 ratio), all of which help gain muscle mass and weight in a short period. It is an absolute muscle gainer available in incredibly delicious flavours and is free from steroids, added sugars or banned substances. It is lab-tested, contains imported whey and good quality ingredients that help the body maximize physique gains.
Are Gainers safe to consume?
Gainers are entirely safe to consume by men and women. It is pivotal to check the ingredients properly before choosing one. Always buy from certified sellers to ensure that you get a genuine value of money spent. Gainers may cause some indigestion issues like bloating, constipation and nausea. Make sure to consume them as per recommended dosage and not in excess. It is better to use gainers along with an exercise routine to avoid gaining excess fat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do I need to increase my water intake while taking gainers?
Optimal hydration is necessary even when an individual is off supplements. However, it is advisable to increase water intake while consuming mass gainer powder as they are protein-rich. High-protein diets can lead to dehydration and accumulation of nitrogenous waste if one does not drink enough water.
2. Can a gainer be consumed without exercise?
To reap maximum benefits from a gainer, it is always advisable to combine it with a proper diet and exercise regime. A person might gain weight, but it might be challenging to keep track of muscle or fat gain.
3. Who can consume gainers?
Anyone can opt for gainers as per the body needs and fitness goals.
- Endurance Athletes: Athletes like runners, cyclists, triathletes can consume gainers post their sport session for complete recovery. The presence of carbohydrates and proteins provides the dual benefit of muscle recovery with glycogen re-load.
- Strength Athletes: Bodybuilders, powerlifters, or weightlifters can consume mass gainers for adding bulk to their body, gaining muscle mass and during carb-loading.
- Hard-Gainers: People with high metabolic rates can choose gainers to increase overall caloric intake and gain weight healthily.
4. Is it necessary to take gainers?
The selection of any gainer depends on the eating patterns and desired health goals. Due to a hectic lifestyle, limited food choices and demanding work schedules, meeting everyday nutrition needs is a big task. Gainers can help provide a healthy dose of nutrition in addition to a regular diet. If a person wishes to gain muscle mass and not excess fat, the mass gainer is superb.
5. For how long can I consume a gainer?
Anyone can take gainers for an unlimited period till one attains the desired fitness goal. However, it is appropriate to keep track of the progress.