Aminos & BCAA
Proteins are the building blocks of the human body as well as the key to muscle building, whereas amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Amino acids can be essential (required by the body from outside) or non- essential (not required to be consumed from outside generally, are produced by the body).
BCAAs (i.e. Branched Chain Amino Acids) are a combination of three essential amino acids, Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine.
During workout, the muscle tissues get ruptured that leads to muscle wasting if no appropriate measures are taken. Consumption of BCAA prevents muscle wasting while boosting the workout performance.
BCAA is a useful supplement for people indulging into workouts, due to the following reasons:
- The first and foremost as mentioned above, they are the building blocks of protein and so they help form protein in the body.
- Help in immediate muscle recovery.
- Boost the energy levels and decrease fatigue by diminishing the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain.
- Leucine is the most crucial amino acid required for muscle building.
- BCAA may also prevent muscle soreness and hence muscle pain.
- BCAA consumed as Intra- workout may lead to faster bodybuilding due to immediate muscle recovery.
- In some cases, BCAA has shown to possess weight loss benefits too when accompanied by a suitable diet and exercise.
Different types of Aminos and BCAAs Supplements:
- Different types of Aminos and BCAAs Supplements: Amino acid supplements can be found under different names such as Amino acids, BCAA, Amino Energy, etc. Majorly they come in three forms:
- Amino Capsules/ BCAA Capsules: Capsules are convenient but they are comparatively slow acting.
- Amino/ BCAA Powder: Powders taken intra workout are very effective as they flood immediate energy and promotes faster muscle recovery.
- Amino Acid/ BCAA Liquid: Aminos in liquid form is the fastest to be absorbed in the blood.
Who should use Aminos and BCAAs:
Branched-chain amino acids are good to be consumed by people doing regular workouts as they prevent muscle wasting, promote instant muscle recovery and boosts energy for workout.
However, it is not necessary for everyone to have it. The foremost requirement for anybody doing a workout is to meet protein requirements through diet and supplements. After the protein supplement, the next essential supplement is BCAA, especially for people targeting bodybuilding. .
Important points to know:
There are a variety of BCAA and amino acid supplements present in the market these days, with different ratios. However, the most appropriate ratio is 2:1:1 for Leucine to Isoleucine and Valine.
Due to the benefits of Leucine, a lot of people think that more the amount of Leucine, the better is the amino supplement. However, this is not true. Everything has to be taken within the recommended amount to get the maximum benefits.
The best way to consume BCAA is to have it in water or fruit juice during a workout, though the capsules can be consumed as pre-workout. The recommended dietary requirement of the three amino acids for adults having a sedentary lifestyle are as follows:
- Leucine: 14 mg/ kg weight
- Isoleucine: 10 mg/ kg weight
- Valine: 10 mg/ kg weight
This requirement may go up as the activity level increases. The amount that is not met through diet can be met through amino supplements. Most people require somewhere between 5-10 grams of BCAA powder, or 30- 60 ml of BCAA liquid in a day, however, it may vary.
Food sources of BCAA include Meat, Fish, Tofu, Cheese, Eggs, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seeds, etc.
Safety, Precautions and Side effects:
BCAA are mostly safe for oral consumption, provided that they are consumed as per recommendation. Also, people with any medical history should consult their health expert before consuming such supplements.
Adding a BCAA or amino supplement helps gain muscle faster when accompanied by proper diet and exercise. Moreover, they are the supplements with the least associated risks but numerous benefits in terms of muscle recovery, muscle gain, weight loss, reduced recovery time, etc.
Why buy from Nutrabay:
Nutrabay provides you the best of supplements at the most genuine rates, along with the assurance of authenticity. You can check out the range of best Aminos and BCAAs here at Nutrabay with guaranteed hassle-free delivery.
Scivation Xtend BCAA: It is one of the best BCAA supplements, which consists of zero fat and zero carbohydrates. The ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine and Valine is 2:1:1 (3500 mg, 1750 mg, 1750 mg respectively), which is the best. It also consists of glutamine and Citrulline Malate which further increases the energy levels and muscle recovery.
Ultimate Nutrition BCAA Powder: The ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine to Valine is 2:1:1 (3000 mg, 1500 mg, 1500 mg respectively). It consists of 5 Kcal and less than 1 gram of carbohydrate per serving of 6 grams.
MusclePharm Essential BCAA: It consists of 3000 mg L- Leucine, 1000 mg Isoleucine, and 2000 mg Valine, the ratio is 3:1:2. It is also an efficient branched-chain amino acid supplement.
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Amino Energy: Besides Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, it also consists of various ingredients for energy (caffeine, green tea extract etc) as well as L- glutamine, L- arginine, Beta-alanine, Citrulline Malate etc, that further adds to the efficacy of the supplement. It is beneficial for energy purposes as well as immediate muscle recovery.