A mass gainer is one of the most popular supplements among bodybuilders and sportspeople. If you have also been advised to go for a mass gainer supplement and you are wondering, do I really need this supplement? Don’t worry; this blog will help you learn the basics of a mass gainer and its benefits.
A mass gainer is a health supplement, i.e. typically used to gain muscle mass. It has a high carbohydrate and protein content and usually provides around 1000 calories per serve. In addition, it may also contain fats, vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and digestive enzyme blend.
Hence, because of its high-calorie content, mass gainer supplement helps build muscle and gain weight simultaneously. Mass gainers usually provide protein and carbohydrates in the ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 but may vary from brand to brand.
It is necessary to create a calorie surplus to gain weight, for which a person must consume extra calories more than the daily requirement. Mass gainers are perfect for fulfilling those additional needs. In simple words, if you are aiming to gain weight healthily and build muscle mass, choose a mass gainer supplement.
Benefits of using a mass gainer
Mass gainers have plenty of health benefits. When combined with proper workouts, mass gainers can help build muscle faster and gain weight healthily.
- Calorie-dense: Bodybuilders or ectomorphs that desire to bulk up are required to consume calorie-dense diets. It might be challenging to eat large food portions to meet calorie goals. With mass gainers, one can be sure of taking around 1000 calories in a single-serve and that too from healthy sources.
- Macronutrients rich – If you want a ‘clean bulk’, it is essential to take the correct nutrients. The diet must contain a balanced proportion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Mass gainers provide all the nutrients through healthy sources. In addition, the presence of dietary fibre support toxin removal from the body and promote better gut health for improved nutrient absorption.
- Gain muscle size and strength: Mass gainer supplements provide protein from high-quality protein sources like whey and casein. They are perfect to deliver supreme quality nutrition, especially for post-workout muscle recovery. The amino acids add strength to muscles, nourish and encourage lean muscle growth.
- Easy to use: Another most significant advantage of mass gainers is their ease of use. If consuming large meals and digesting them is a challenge for you, mass gainers are ideal. They can provide you with all the required nutrients without having too much.
Who all need mass gainers?
Mass gainers are not meant for everyone. At times, fitness lovers get confused between mass gainers and protein supplements. Here is the list of people who can use mass gainers to achieve their fitness goals.
- Skinny people with fast metabolism: If a person has a high metabolic rate and tends to burn calories quicker, mass gainers could be a good choice.
- Ectomorphs: Every individual has a specific body type. Ectomorphs or hard gainers with lean body types often struggle to gain muscle mass. If you are unable to build muscle despite intense workouts and diet, consider taking a mass gainer supplement.
- Bodybuilders: Mass gainers provide ample support, especially during the bulking phase of bodybuilding when people require a healthy nutrition source high in calories, proteins, and carbs.
- Athletes: In addition to strength athletes, mass gainers can also be used by endurance athletes like runners and cyclists. Endurance athletes require high carbs and proteins post their training or competition to recover their muscles and lost glycogen stores, making mass gainer a proper meal.
Which is the best mass gainer?
Here are some of the top-selling and best mass gainers in India that one can consider.
Nutrabay Gold Mega Mass Gainer: It has been specifically formulated to meet your daily calorie needs in a balanced way. This advanced mass gainer delivers 714 Kcal, 122 g carbs, and 40 g proteins per 182 g serving that help gain weight and build lean muscle mass. Its cutting-edge formulation is enriched with multiple high-quality protein sources that help support muscle growth and repair and gain strength and stamina.
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Gainer: It has been exquisitely crafted for elite fitness enthusiasts who strive to gain muscle mass and a sturdy physique with a high-calorie formula. ON Serious Mass Gainer is perfect for people struggling to gain weight as it provides you with a high-calorie and whey protein that promotes natural, healthy weight gain and triggers new muscle synthesis.
Labrada Muscle Mass Gainer: This mass gainer protein is a high-calorie bodybuilding shake packed with muscle-building protein, carbohydrates, creatine monohydrate and essential nutrients. Labrada Mass Gainer provides all the calories you need with the right ingredient blend. Each serving of 333 grams provides 1244 calories, 52 grams of protein and 250 grams of carbs.
Dymatize Super Mass Gainer: This high-calorie and high protein mass gainer contains complex carbohydrates with a balanced protein blend from multiple sources. Dymatize Super Mass Gainer is enriched with vitamins and minerals that help boost immunity and provide performance fuel to conquer your workout. It contains no added sugar, is trans-fat-free and suitable for bodybuilders, weight trainers, athletes, fitness champions and gym enthusiasts.
To conclude, using a mass gainer can be a great way to help increase mass and size by quickly increasing your daily calorie intake. It is important to remember that taking a mass gainer supplement increases muscle growth; one must train hard and regularly; otherwise, the person will consume a high number of calories, resulting in increased body fat.