Are you looking for the best protein powder in India?
Do you want to build a muscular, lean and healthy body with a high-quality protein powder?
Are you looking for a high-quality, low-fat and low-calorie protein powder that taste delicious and is easy to digest?
Read on to find the answers to all of your questions about the best protein powder in India.
Protein is an essential macronutrient required by everyone. You do not need to be a pro bodybuilder to incorporate a protein powder into your diet. Besides muscle building, protein powders support several other crucial processes occurring inside the body.
Protein benefits our health by strengthening our immune health, encouraging weight loss, regulating appetite, hormones and enzymes function.
You may come across hundreds of protein powder supplements in various formulations. And at times, it may be challenging to decide which is the most suitable one according to your health goal.
This blog will help you understand the key checkpoints you must follow before buying any protein supplement. Also, we will discuss some of the best protein powders in India to consider.
How to choose the best protein powder?
1. Determine the health goal: The selection becomes somewhat easy when we know the reason to buy a protein supplement. It is because protein powder formulations may differ based on a fitness goal, gender, food preference and many more. For example-
- Protein powder for women may have high iron and calcium content or may contain some superfoods that are specifically good for women’s health.
- Protein powder for men may contain additional energy or testosterone boosters.
2. Check the protein source: Protein powders provide protein through various sources like whey, casein, egg, green peas, soy, hemp, brown rice, legumes, etc.
- Bodybuilders and athletes primary choice is always whey protein powder, but the preference might differ. Fitness lovers choose whey concentrate protein powder for weight gain; however, whey protein isolate is advisable for a ripped and lean physique.
- You might also find protein powder for weight loss with some metabolic boosters or fat burning ingredients like L-carnitine, green tea extract, caffeine, Garcinia Cambogia extract, etc.
- Plant protein powders are perfect for vegans and lactose intolerants. Vegan protein powders contain plant-based protein sources and not dairy. However, it is advisable to understand the ingredient and allergen info carefully.
- If you are allergic to gluten or soy, make sure you do not opt for any vegan protein containing soy protein or wheat protein.
- Suppose you need a protein powder during the pregnancy and lactation phase. In that case, it is advisable to opt for pure protein free from any artificial additives and take medical advice before buying the same.
3. Check for fillers or harmful additives: A good quality protein powder will always provide clean nutrition label info. It is essential to comprehend the ingredients added to the protein powder. Do not opt for proteins with harmful preservatives, added sugar, cheap additives or banned substances.
4. Choose lab-tested products: One should always buy certified and lab-tested products. Check for the third-party lab tests reports to verify the nutrition claims made by the brand and the absence of heavy metals and prohibited substances.
List of the Best Protein Powder
Here is a quick summary of the top-quality protein supplement you can add to your shopping list.
- Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate
- Nutrabay Gold Whey Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Gold Tri-Blend Whey Protein
- Nutrabay Pure Micellar Casein
- Nutrabay Pure Pea Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Pure Soy Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Wellness Vegan Plant Protein
- ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- MyProtein Impact Whey Protein
- Isopure Protein Powder Zero Carb
Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate: If you prefer raw whey protein without any flavours or additives, this is the best-unflavoured protein to opt for. One can also use this protein powder for weight gain by adding to your calorie-dense smoothies, shakes or recipes of your choice.
Protein Source: 100% whey protein concentrate
Calories: 122 Kcal
Protein: 23.4 g
Carbs: 2.3 g
Fats: 2.2 g
Nutrabay Gold Whey Protein Isolate: If you want a fast-acting best protein powder to stimulate protein synthesis after a workout, go for this. It contains a clean, quick-digesting, low-carb protein available in super yummy flavours that customers rave for and the best protein powder for muscle gain and healthy body composition.
Protein Source: 100% whey protein isolate
Calories: 113 Kcal
Protein: 25 g
Carbs: 1.7 g
Fats: 0.4 g
Nutrabay Gold Tri-Blend Whey Protein: This world best protein powder contains a unique blend of whey protein concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate. This combination allows the release of amino acids at different rates providing sustained and enhanced muscle recovery after a strenuous workout.
Protein Source: Whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey peptides
Calories: 123 Kcal
Protein: 25 g
Carbs: 2.4 g
Fats: 1.5 g
Nutrabay Pure Micellar Casein: The is most popular casein protein powder for a bedtime snack. Since it slowly releases amino acids into our body, this protein keeps you in an anabolic state for a more extended period preventing muscle breakdown.
Protein Source: 100% micellar casein
Calories: 112 Kcal
Protein: 25.9 g
Carbs: 1.2 g
Fats: 0.5 g
Nutrabay Pure Pea Protein Isolate: This plant-based protein is made from the highest quality non-GMO peas. It is allergen-free and contains all nine essential amino acids. Pea protein shake is easy to digest and a vegan-friendly way for building muscles.
Protein Source: Pea protein isolate
Calories: 116 Kcal
Protein: 25.3 g
Carbs: 2.8 g
Fats: 0.5 g
Nutrabay Pure Soy Protein Isolate: Soy protein often gets overlooked due to its myth that it affects our hormones. But the fact is soy protein is healthy and a complete protein source. It is plant-based, free from lactose, gluten and a supreme ally for lean muscle growth.
Protein Source: Soy protein isolate
Calories: 114 Kcal
Protein: 26.2 g
Carbs: 0.2 g
Fats: 0.9 g
Nutrabay Wellness Vegan Plant Protein: Loaded with multiple plant protein sources with superfoods, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this super clean option is difficult to turn down. Available in an irresistible chocolate flavour, this protein powder for women and men does not contain any allergen, promote fat loss and is an all-natural means to meet your daily protein intake.
Protein Source: Pea protein isolate, brown rice powder, flaxseed extract, spirulina and moringa extract
Calories: 139 Kcal
Protein: 24 g
Carbs: 9.3 g
Fats: 0.7 g
ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein: ON protein powder is one of the most loved proteins among bodybuilders and athletes. Over the years, this protein shake has gained the credibility of giving incredible results and improving overall athletic performance.
Protein Source: Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate and whey peptides
Calories: 117 Kcal
Protein: 24 g
Carbs: 3 g
Fats: 1 g
MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate: This is the top-rated whey protein in quality and efficacy. It contains ultra-filtered high-quality protein extracted from cow’s milk to support your training goals. The product has been ranked A grade by Labdoor and comes in various mouth-watering flavours.
Protein Source: Whey protein isolate
Calories: 90.9 Kcal
Protein: 21 g
Carbs: 1.6 g
Fats: 0.1 g
Isopure Protein Powder Zero Carb: This protein supplement is packed with premium quality protein isolates; it is light on the stomach, gets digested quickly and is ideal for people aiming to lose weight and burn fat without losing muscles. The product is keto-friendly as it has no carbs and is one of the most suitable supplements for building six-packs.
Protein Source: Whey protein isolate
Calories: 98 Kcal
Protein: 18 g
Carbs: 2 g
Fats: 1.9 g
Which brand is good for protein?
Best for high quality protein: Myprotein Impact Whey Protein
The Impact Whey Protein is one of its bestsellers. Myprotein recommends adding 25 g of this product to water or milk after a workout.
What are side effects of protein powder?
High doses can cause some side effects such as increased bowel movements, acne, nausea, thirst, bloating, reduced appetite, tiredness, and headache.
What are the 4 main types of protein?
There are seven types of proteins: antibodies, contractile proteins, enzymes, hormonal proteins, structural proteins, storage proteins, and transport proteins.
How many protein scoops a day?
How many scoops of protein powder a day? As a rule of thumb, two servings (2-4 scoops) of protein powder per day is enough. That said, the recommended number of scoops of protein powder per day depends on the protein powder and on the scoop size. It also depends on who you are and on your nutritional goals.
What is the No 1 whey protein?
Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate
What is a good age to start drinking protein?
The shake can be made in water or milk and that’s individual choice. And as far as the age goes, there really is no minimum age. Kids as young as 4 or 5 years old can drink protein shakes,” says Sonali. Sonali also addressed the issue of children lifting weights.