Are you looking for the best protein powder in India?
Need a premium quality protein powder to build a lean, healthy, muscular body?
Searching for a tasty and easily digestible protein powder that is low in fat and calories?
Explore further to discover all the information you need about the finest protein powder available in India.
Protein is a necessary macronutrient for everyone, not just bodybuilders. Protein powders can benefit our health in more ways than just building muscles.
They can also support essential bodily processes such as immune system health, weight loss, appetite regulation, and the proper function of hormones and enzymes.
With so many protein powder supplements available in the market, choosing the right one that aligns with your health goals can be overwhelming.
In this blog, you will learn about the essential factors to consider before purchasing a protein supplement, along with a discussion of some of the best protein powders available in India.
Why is Protein Important?
Protein is essential for our body’s growth, repair, and maintenance. It plays a crucial role in building and repairing tissues, producing enzymes and hormones, and maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Protein also helps to maintain muscle mass, which is especially important as we age. As we get older, our body’s ability to build and maintain muscle decreases, leading to a loss of strength and mobility.
Additionally, protein is essential for weight management. It’s more satiating than carbohydrates or fat, which can help you feel fuller for longer periods and may reduce your overall calorie intake.
Benefits of Protein Powder:
1. Muscle Building
Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair. Protein powder supplements help you to achieve your daily protein intake goals required for muscle building and maintenance.
2. Weight Loss
High protein intake suppresses appetite, making you feel full for extended periods, reducing calorie intake, and promoting weight loss.
3. Improved Immune System
Protein is crucial for building and maintaining the immune system. It supports the production of white blood cells that help fight infections.
4. Hormonal Balance
Protein is essential for synthesizing hormones that regulate several body functions like growth and metabolism.
5. Enhances Performance
Protein supplements like whey protein powder enhance athletic performance by increasing muscle strength and endurance.
How to choose the best protein powder?
There are certain factors to keep in mind before choosing the best protein powder. Here are a few of them:
1. Determine the health goal
The selection becomes somewhat easy when we know why to buy a protein supplement. Protein powder formulations may differ based on fitness goals, gender, food preference, and many more.
- Protein powder for women may have high iron and calcium content or contain superfoods that are specifically good for women’s health.
- Protein powder for men may contain additional energy or testosterone boosters.
2. Check the protein source
Protein powders provide protein through various sources like whey, casein, egg, green peas, soy, hemp, brown rice, legumes, etc.
- Bodybuilders’ and athletes’ primary choice is always whey protein powder, but the preference might differ. Fitness lovers choose whey concentrate protein powder for weight gain; however, whey protein isolate is advisable for a ripped and lean physique.
- You might also find protein powder for weight loss with some metabolic boosters or fat-burning ingredients like L-carnitine, green tea extract, caffeine, Garcinia Cambogia extract, etc.
- Plant protein powders are perfect for vegans and lactose intolerants. Vegan protein powders contain plant-based protein sources and not dairy. However, it is advisable to understand the ingredient and allergen info carefully.
- If you are allergic to gluten or soy, do not opt for any vegan protein containing soy or wheat protein.
- Suppose you need a protein powder during the pregnancy and lactation phases. In that case, it is advisable to opt for pure protein free from any artificial additives and take medical advice before buying the same.
3. Check for fillers or harmful additives
A good quality protein powder will always provide clean nutrition label info. It is essential to comprehend the ingredients added to the protein powder. Do not opt for proteins with harmful preservatives, added sugar, cheap additives, or banned substances.
4. Choose lab-tested products
One should always buy certified and lab-tested products. Check for the third-party lab test reports to verify the nutrition claims made by the brand and the absence of heavy metals and prohibited substances.
How Much Protein Should You Consume?
The protein you need depends on your age, sex, weight, and activity level. The recommended daily intake of protein varies from person to person, but generally, it’s recommended that adults consume 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day.
For example, if you weigh 68 kilograms (150 pounds), you would need approximately 55 grams of protein per day. However, you may need more protein if you are very active, pregnant, or breastfeeding.
List of the Best Protein Powder
Here is a quick summary of the top-quality protein supplement you can add to your shopping list.
- Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate
- Nutrabay Gold Whey Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Gold Tri-Blend Whey Protein
- Nutrabay Pure Micellar Casein
- Nutrabay Pure Pea Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Pure Soy Protein Isolate
- Nutrabay Wellness Vegan Plant Protein
- ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- MyProtein Impact Whey Protein
- Isopure Protein Powder Zero Carb
Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate is an unflavoured protein powder that is an excellent option for those who prefer raw whey protein without added flavors or additives. It is also a suitable protein powder for weight gain and can be easily added to calorie-dense smoothies, shakes, or recipes of your choice.
- Protein Source: 100% whey protein concentrate
- Calories: 122 Kcal
- Protein: 23.4 g
- Carbs: 2.3 g
- Fats: 2.2 g
It is ideal for those seeking a fast-acting protein powder to enhance protein synthesis after exercise. This top-notch protein supplement consists of a clean, low-carb protein easily digestible and available in delicious flavors that have received rave customer reviews. It is considered the best protein powder for muscle gain and promoting a healthy body composition.
- Protein Source: 100% whey protein isolate
- Calories: 113 Kcal
- Protein: 25 g
- Carbs: 1.7 g
- Fats: 0.4 g
The Nutrabay Gold Tri-Blend Whey Protein is a top-rated protein powder that features a special mix of whey protein concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate. This blend offers the advantage of releasing amino acids at varying rates, resulting in more effective muscle recovery and growth following intense exercise sessions.
- Protein Source: Whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey peptides
- Calories: 123 Kcal
- Protein: 25 g
- Carbs: 2.4 g
- Fats: 1.5 g
If you’re looking for a protein powder to consume before bed, Nutrabay Pure Micellar Casein is a great option. This popular casein protein powder releases amino acids slowly, which helps maintain an anabolic state for extended periods and prevents muscle breakdown.
- Protein Source: 100% micellar casein
- Calories: 112 Kcal
- Protein: 25.9 g
- Carbs: 1.2 g
- Fats: 0.5 g
Looking for a plant-based protein option? Look no further than Nutrabay Pure Pea Protein Isolate. Made from non-GMO peas of the highest quality, this protein powder is allergen-free and contains all nine essential amino acids. Plus, it’s easy to digest, making it an excellent vegan-friendly option for building muscle.
- Protein Source: Pea protein isolate
- Calories: 116 Kcal
- Protein: 25.3 g
- Carbs: 2.8 g
- Fats: 0.5 g
Nutrabay Pure Soy Protein Isolate is a complete protein source often overlooked due to misconceptions about its effect on hormones. It is plant-based, free from lactose and gluten, and an excellent choice for supporting lean muscle growth.
- Protein Source: Soy protein isolate
- Calories: 114 Kcal
- Protein: 26.2 g
- Carbs: 0.2 g
- Fats: 0.9 g
Nutrabay Wellness Vegan Plant Protein is a clean option that contains multiple plant protein sources, superfoods, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is available in a tempting chocolate flavor and is suitable for both men and women. This protein powder promotes fat loss, contains no allergen, and is an all-natural way to fulfill your daily protein intake.
- Protein Source: Pea protein isolate, brown rice powder, flaxseed extract, spirulina, and moringa extract
- Calories: 139 Kcal
- Protein: 24 g
- Carbs: 9.3 g
- Fats: 0.7 g
ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is a trusted protein powder among athletes and bodybuilders for its consistent ability to enhance athletic performance and deliver outstanding results. Over the years, this protein shake has gained the credibility of giving incredible results and improving overall athletic performance.
- Protein Source: Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides
- Calories: 117 Kcal
- Protein: 24 g
- Carbs: 3 g
- Fats: 1 g
It is an ultra-filtered, high-quality whey protein powder extracted from cow’s milk that has earned a top rating for quality and efficacy. It supports your training goals and is available in various delicious flavors. Labdoor, a reputable independent testing company, has ranked this product A grade.
- Protein Source: Whey protein isolate
- Calories: 90.9 Kcal
- Protein: 21 g
- Carbs: 1.6 g
- Fats: 0.1 g
Isopure Protein Powder Zero Carb is a premium protein supplement that contains high-quality protein isolates. This supplement is accessible on the stomach, digests quickly, and is perfect for those aiming to lose weight and burn fat while preserving muscle. It is also keto-friendly since it has zero carbs, making it an excellent choice for building a six-pack.
- Protein Source: Whey protein isolate
- Calories: 98 Kcal
- Protein: 18 g
- Carbs: 2 g
- Fats: 1.9 g
Factors to Consider while choosing the best protein powder
- Protein Content: Protein content is essential when choosing a protein powder. Look for protein powders with at least 20-30 grams per serving.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients list to ensure that the protein powder does not contain any harmful additives or fillers. Look for protein powders free from artificial sweeteners, flavors, and colors.
- Digestibility: The digestibility of the protein powder is essential as it affects how quickly the body absorbs the protein. Look for protein powders that are easily digestible and do not cause any gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Price: The price of the protein powder is also an essential factor to consider. Look for protein powders within your budget and offer good value for money.
Side Effects of Protein Powder
If taken in the right amount and the right way, protein powders are the best healthcare supplement, but if taken in an excessive amount, they can lead to:
- Digestive Issues: High protein intake can lead to digestive issues like bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Kidney Damage: Excess protein intake can stress the kidneys, leading to kidney damage in people with pre-existing kidney disease.
- Dehydration: Protein supplements can cause dehydration due to increased urine output and sweat loss.
- Allergic Reactions: People with milk or soy allergies may have allergic reactions to protein powders made from these sources.
- Heavy Metal Contamination: Protein powders may contain heavy metals like arsenic, cadmium, and lead, which can have adverse health effects.
Choosing the suitable protein powder can be daunting, but with the correct information and knowledge, you can make an informed decision. Consider the protein content, ingredients, digestibility, and price before purchasing a protein powder. Be aware of the potential side effects of excess protein intake and choose a reputable brand that has undergone third-party testing for quality and safety.
Remember, protein powder is not a substitute for a healthy diet but a supplement that can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Which brand is good for protein?
Best for high quality protein: Myprotein Impact Whey Protein
The Impact Whey Protein is one of its bestsellers. Myprotein recommends adding 25 g of this product to water or milk after a workout.
What are side effects of protein powder?
High doses can cause some side effects such as increased bowel movements, acne, nausea, thirst, bloating, reduced appetite, tiredness, and headache.
What are the 4 main types of protein?
There are seven types of proteins: antibodies, contractile proteins, enzymes, hormonal proteins, structural proteins, storage proteins, and transport proteins.
How many protein scoops a day?
How many scoops of protein powder a day? As a rule of thumb, two servings (2-4 scoops) of protein powder per day is enough. That said, the recommended number of scoops of protein powder per day depends on the protein powder and on the scoop size. It also depends on who you are and on your nutritional goals.
What is the No 1 whey protein?
Nutrabay Pure Whey Protein Concentrate
What is a good age to start drinking protein?
The shake can be made in water or milk and that’s individual choice. And as far as the age goes, there really is no minimum age. Kids as young as 4 or 5 years old can drink protein shakes,” says Sonali. Sonali also addressed the issue of children lifting weights.